Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi Kazd - will try to keep adding things as I go along. Havent stayed in these apartments but I know where they are and they are all modern building there so sure they will be fine.
You are a bit of a walk from the nearest beaches and restaurants. The taxi from airport will be at least 27 euro min each way and for 5 of you with luggage you will need perhaps a mini bus or 2 taxis. So that is at least 50 euro saved on the cost of 2 weeks car hire from the airport.
Downside is that for local beaches it wouldnt be worth taking a car as you would have trouble parking anyway I would imagine and the local police are red hot at having your hire car towed away if you inadvertently park in the wrong place.
There are beaches literally all the way along the coast following on from each other so there is always a new one to try although your nearest is probably the Playa del Duque beach, 10-15 min walk away.
Loads of places to visit- a day at Siam Park is a must, there is a free bus from various points and if you book in advance you can fast track through the entrance.
Another excellent trip is the whales and dolphins either from Puerto Colon or Los Cristianos harbour.
Jungle Park in the hills at back of Los Cristianos is a good trip, again there are free buses.
La Caleta is a pretty little fishing village walking distance along the coast from you, with nice fish restaurants.
Also do the walk around the headland from Del Duque to Fanabe beaches.
All water sports are available at many beaches and if you do have a car try to take a trip up Mount Teide and also go to Loro Parque in the North, just outside Puerto de la Cruz.
There is a big market every Thurs & Sat at Fanabe, or every Sunday in Los Cristianos- again it is worth a trip to Los Cris anyway
I will post some restaurant recommendations a bit later.
Not stayed there but I've passed these apartments many times, they are a modern high-spec building which looks well maintained. As I recall they are next to the Hotel Costa Adeje Gran on Avenida De Bruselas, Costa Adeje (someone correct me if my memory is wrong). They are set high on a hill looking out to sea, not far from the El Duque beach, one of the nicest in the area, but as they are at the top of a very steep hill the walk to the beach is somewhat strenuous. Lots of nice restaurants at El Duque or walk to the Fanabe "strip" where there are also lots. Two large supermarkets are only a few minutes away from the apts.
Thank you!

I have read about the steep hill but apparently there is a way of avoiding it by going through the complex and then taking a lift.

Being totally unfit I will be taking the lift route!
kazd wrote:
I have read about the steep hill but apparently there is a way of avoiding it by going through the complex and then taking a lift.

You're being conned on that one.
Ha ha - think you're right there. Surely its a hill all the way up from the beach!
Pollensa1946 wrote:
kazd wrote:

You're being conned on that one.

Guess I will be losing some weight then. :really

I can't remember all the details but there were several people talkingnaboutthe short cut in the reviews.
Will eat my hat if you dont love your holiday in tenerife anyway.
Might need to do the walk up the hill, have just been reading the reviews for Harriet's tearooms!
Hi,

We have stayed in these apartments a few times. They are all privately owned so each one is different.

The complex is great, with a nice heated pool on the roof, and the soundproofing between apartments indoors is excellent.

They are at the top of a very steep hill! There is parking outside the complex, buti don't think you need a car, taxis are plentiful and cheap, and there are two large supermarkets within easy walking distance. Some of the apartments provide a granny wheelie shopper too!

The beach is a walk away, and uphill in the way back! The market is at the bottom of the road on Saturday and Thursday.

Loathe to recommend restaurants, as people have different tastes, but plenty in the area and further afield.

Anything else you want to know just ask!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.