Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
I will pm you with what I know
Jay
I think you will need that hire car for all of your stay, not much going on in that expensive complex of villas etc, unless you intended to be on the golf course every day, even then you will need transport for all your bat's and things..

It is about fifteen minutes to AH from the airport the cost will depend on the driver, as they seem to have flexible charges and unused meters, but no more than £20 depending on your arrival time, to Paphos double the time from AH to this resort..so car hire I think will be a must have..
Thanks for the reply Jim..we dont plan to be doing much other then relaxing by the pool..we dont play golf so no need for "bat transport"! We have 2 kids in tow so probably will spend some nights with them in bed early and a bbq on the patio! The complex does have a village square with various pubs and restaurants to try..all within walking distance..they also provided a free transfer service to the beach so that should keep us busy..just the odd evenings for a Paphos trip for eating and drinks..can you recommend some good places to eat? How is the weather today?
Thanks Mandy :sun
Wopuld recommend Chloe's Chinese, Manhattan, Rib Shack and a lovely Italian is the Cavallini. (They make you feel special ;)) although it's not cheap.

I am sure Jim will tell you some local places.

As for the weather, well today it's running around 77 degrees (25c) according to weather underground.

Kath HT Admin
Thanks Kath...thats great :thanks
Agree with Kath for Kato Pafos eating but please go to some local tavernas for some Cypriot food, it is not to be missed, the amenities in Aphrodites Hills are limited and you will be a captured customer, it will not be cheap so deep pockets may be needed...nice complex though but really a golfers resort I think (I hate golf) have a great stay!! ..

Kath it has warmed up here, with highs today (Mon) into the high 70's but very pleasant all the same, I was watching the cricket from Headingley in Yorkshire on Sky TV, rain stopped play for a second day, I thought you had global warming in the UK?, those poor spectators looked chilled to the bone.. :cry:
And thanks to you also Jim...the weather here (i am in Kent) is dreadful..rainy and windy and according to the weatherman will be like this for the next week..so not much uninterupted cricket..! ho hum bit of a drab holiday monday for this family..thank god for computers! Roll on June 18th. :hyper
Hi Mandy, the Anio pub is said to be more reasonable for bar meals and drinks also the golf clubs menu has some reasonable prices. Take a peak
Jay
stayed there ourselves last year, were so impressed we are going back this year.
we are self catering in a villa. the resort is lovely, very clean and tidy.
the swimming pools weree also very good.
i see you have kids - theres loads going on for them on site, my boys, who were 14 and 11 had a great time with the club there, if you are staying on the site it is free to go along to scuba diving taster, golf driving, five a side football, and they have a teen club with pool table, games machine etc.
My younger daughter loved going to the club for smaller kids where they make loads of things, play games, watch films etc, all for £5cyp a day, it was run last year by a lovely cypriot girl, my daughter was sad to come home.
They also show family movies in the evening next to the taverna.
down side is the price of eating there, and in my opinion it wasnt anything to write home about.
there is a shop on site which gets fresh bread every morning, choc crossiants a big hit with the kids.
get a car and try some of the smaller local villages, we had a great meal in Kouklia just down the road.
is ee you are not into golf, nor am I , but we had great fun on the 3 hole nursery course, make sure you have a collar on your shirts though, they sent me and my sons away, we then turned up back with my sons looking really stupid in oversize shirts with collars, but they had the collar so it was OK.
Loads of security around as well, always felt safe.
you can use the hotel facilities for a price, I think £10cyp for the swimming pool.
If you want to know any more PM me
cheers
Ian
Cyprus is safe with or without posy security guards, just to assure others who cant afford AH resort.. :roll:
  • Edited by jimbox 2007-05-30 04:26:59
Jim..now..it may be an expensive resort but is there a problem with that? :tut We only paid £595 for a week (between 4 thats real cheap dont you think) and £120 each for our BA flight..not bad for 5*..at the end of the day you get what you pay for..and if people can afford the Intercontinental Hotel smack bang in the middle of AH then good for them i say! :omg

And thanks Ian that was very helpful..nice to know someone has been with children and enjoyed so much..
Mandyjane - we paid a similar price for our villa, 3 bedroom all ensuite, all mod cons and as you say for 5 (in our case) thats pretty good. Wish we could have got flights as cheap as you though !
Must have for us though is the car, would not fancy spending 2 weeks only on the resort.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did (and will again!)
Dont be too hard on jimbox though, I may not agree with all he says, but he has come up with some really useful info which we used last year, and will probably use again this year - thanks Jim!
cheers
ian
Cheers Ian...I booked our flights in September of last year..when they were extremely cheap..they are of course much dearer now! Think we may in that case hire a car for the duration of our stay..any suggestions on a cheapish hire car "shop" that you have maybe used. :?: Do appreciate all info from everyone...good or bad! :glynis cheers all x
mandyjayne hello...a little expensive???

No...no problem at all, just for those that may not know, I go there often, and I do know prices are not cheap there, you are a captive customer, it is a lovely resort a little isolated for me, and a long way to any decent nightlife in my opinion, but as you say you pays your money..choice is a very fine thing.

A golfers paradise, but I don't like golf...even though I used to be a half decent player, all that wearing of ties and other stuff put me well off the game. sorry but not me these days.. :roll:
Mandy, did you find car hire, am off to AH next week so will let you know how things go ...look through car hire link, I have gone with Petsas this time, after some good feedback, used Economy car rentals in past too,
Jay.
Did I tell you there is a car hire company there, Europcar, understand they are very high with prices.
Hi Jay...

Yes did hear about Europa car hire on site..and imagined it probably would be expensive! Will check out your advised ones and let you know..there are 4 adults and 2 kids in tow will need a people carrier of sorts, so not going be saving too many pennies! Many thanks and let me know how your holiday goes and a weather report too!!! Thanks Jay :ghug
Just wondering how you found Aphrodite Hills Resort, we are off to stay in a Villa there in a couple of weeks times. Any advice, ideas of places to eat etc welcome.
Rha Mo,

Car hire! The villas are on a 10km2 plot and you will be isloated without one.

The hotel charges CY15.00 per adult to use their pool but you will have your own anyway.
All other facilities, ie golf, tennis, spa, horse riding etc will be payable locally etc etc as is the same for hotel guests.

There are some very good restaurants on site, either in the hotel or in the village square but they can be expensive. For example, on a recent visit, 7 glasses of fresh orange in the hotel Carob Lounge cost CY21.00. I kid you not!

Louise
I agree, you need to hire a car, it is a massive self contained estate, it has a square with cafes eateries, pizza place and the Anoi bar, plus an over priced shop. I stayed at the hotel and loved the whole place, but I'm sure some would hate it being 25 mins from Paphos, but that suited me fine. The one thing I would stress is the size of the place, your villa could be 10 mins walk from the square or 40 mins if on the otherside of the hills......and in the heat.
Me and hubby got a fantastic deal at hotel.........but would be more than delighted to stay in villa sometime.
I read somewhere that it covers an area the size of Monaco.......never been there, but maybe it will give you an idea. The whole place is beautiful, I'm sure you will love it.
Jay
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.