Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
No need to apply or worry, you are given an immigration card to fill in on your flight out (or pick one up at the airport on arrival) and just go through immigration as per normal.

Graham
I was about to give the same info, but noticed that morh had posted in the API section. If the query is regarding registering API for Tunisia, I think most airlines collect that now, wherever you are flying to. I can't remember if I've already done mine for my BA flight to Tunis in April or whether I shall get a reminder later on. Whichever it is it is very straightforward.
I am going to Tunisia in 3 weeks with Portland and have been told to fill the API form in on Thomsons website.
I have also done the API with Thomas Cook for my May holiday.
:que As I mentioned above there was NO requirement for API information to be given 3 weeks ago when we flew out to Tunisia or when we flew back.

At the present time API is only required in the following circumstances -

1.UK - from/to USA, UAE, Thailand, South Africa, Pakistan, Jamaica, Kenya, Iran, Syria, Morocco
2.Spain
3.Antigua, Barbados, Greneda, Jamacia, St.Lucia, Trinidad and Tobago
4.USA
5.Canada
6.Mexico
7.China
8.Japan
It is certainly odd Graham as the only places I've flown to in the past couple of years have been Billund in Denmark, Monastir and Tunis, flying with Ryanair, BA and Thomas Cook and I've been asked to fill in API on more than one occasion. It may be it is the airlines which have started to ask for API rather than it being a requirement of the various countries. I know I should make a note of these things but I'm just inclined to fill in anything I'm asked for without taking too much notice. :roll:
I think it may be specific airlines. So far the only time I've had to fill out the API was with Easyjet to Barcelona last year. I'm flying with Iberia to Dakar this weekend, via Madrid and haven't been asked to complete anything. I tend to work on the basis if they ask for it I fill it out, if they don't I don't worry. Maybe not the best tactic though!

Interesting you should mention Antigua Graham, as I didn't need to complete API for my flight there - although of course this could have changed since June.

A.
It all seem a bit confusing with different airline carriers asking for it on different routes?

From Thomson Flights http://flights.thomson.co.uk/en/flywithus_attheairport.html

BMI http://www.flybmi.com/bmi/en-gb/flight-and-airport-info/pre-travel/passport-and-visa/advance-passenger-information.aspx

BA http://www.britishairways.com/travel/ba6.jsp/imminfo/public/en_gb

It also appears from reading several articles that the information is usually collected electronically via a passport reader and tickets at check in so you don't even know it has been taken and don't have to fill anything in.
The API for Turkey was collected at check in last year but I have been informed by Thomas Cook this has to be done on line for holidays commencing after April 1st.
Maybe this an April fools joke as there is conflicting information about this. :rofl :rofl
I didnt want to take the chance of turning up at the airport without them already having my information and being turned away. :yikes
I've been experiencing problems with the Thomas Cook site (my booking reference not being recognised) so emailed them - someone has just replied saying it has been reported to their IT dept and to try again in 3-4 days.
I booked with Thomas Cook last night and I'm still waiting on the confirmation email. I saved the page with the booking confirmation on it, and I called them earlier and quoted the reference and they said all is good but it can take 24 hours to get the email, they have re-sent so I might get 2.

I have booked with other companies in the past and got confirmations right away. I suppose I will feel happier when I see the info come through in the post.
For anyone travelling to Tunisia I understand from Thomas Cook that API is NOT needed. This was the information received 2 days ago when I was discussing API for Faro.

Like maggieb I had probs with the website and its taken from 7 February until now to get any answers.

I have no idea what other companies are saying.
I can't remember whether I've already given my details to BA for my flight to Tunis next month, but if they need them I'm sure it can be done when I check in on line.
I've just tried again to enter the API details on Thomas Cook site without luck - but reassured by a new message on the page:
"... If you are unable to enter API details due to technical issues with the site - this information will be collected at check-in - Please note API details is being collected for Thomas Cook Airlines and Monarch Airlines only - if you are travelling with any other carrier booked through Thomas Cook these details will be collected at check-in "
I printed off my Ryanair boarding card for Denmark today and had to fill in my date of birth/passport details, etc., which is all the API is. though it wasn't referred to as API on the site.
Glad I found this thread I have just booked a holiday for my son and girlfriend to Tunisia with Thomas Cook flying from Exeter but their flights are with Nouvelair Tunisie. Now the very nice lady from Thomas Cook I was speaking to said there was nothing flagged up about API on their system to say this airline company wanted API, she even looked on their website but as it was all in Tunisian it did'nt help us.

Can anyone give me any ideas to where I could find out any relevent info on this.......I dont particularlly want to phone the airline company in Tunisia to ask them.

Any help gratefully recieved.

Angie.
Hi Angie, May I suggest you e-mail Nouvelair Tunisie with your query and I'm sure they will be able to help you. If you write in English I have no doubt they will also reply in English. Some years ago I used to fly with them from Stansted to Monastir and I only wish they still did so. I'm really surprised that Thomas Cook couldn't find this as when you 'google' their website it immediately offers a translation from French, not Arabic. It is apparently 'under construction' but gives the e-mail address for any queries.

E-mail: info@nouvelair.com.tn
  • Edited by Aslemma 2010-04-04 12:33:05
Hi aslemma,

Thank you so much for your reply, I will certainly do that.

Angie. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.