Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Why would you have to get the Aptamil after security (you don't go through Customs on the way out) if it is a powder?

luci :wave
*Departures ........see the lack of sleep is taking its toll! :duh
Sorry I still don't understand why you think you need to buy it after security on departure. Can you explain?

This is what i have been advised from other people who have just returned from travelling, is this not the case then?

I was advised that if you by it before you are made to open any baby milk or food and even sample it in front of security!! Having spoken to other mothers they said the best thing to do is to buy it in departures (i.e Boots).

Please correct and confirm?.......i am getting confused now??! :que
The restrictions only apply to liquids, pastes and gels. You are not allowed to take liquids in containers larger than 100ml through security, although you can buy sizes larger than 100ml once you are in the departure lounge. You can have containers larger than 100mls in your hold baggage.

As the milk you are intending taking is a powder then this rule doesn't apply. You can take it in either your hold or hand baggage.

Full details of the restrictions HERE

Many Thanks on clearing that one Luci, one more thing of my 'unsure list?' ;)
Have you tried your little one on Aptamil? If she is now used to cows milk she may not like Aptamil.I would try her on it first.
Not been to Aqua Fanatasy but I have travelled quite a lot with babies/toddlers and children. Most places have cows milk and will warm it up for you. We have kept it in our fridge and warmed it up in the microwave.

How are you going to warm it up in the night? If you take powdered milk and make it when she wakes up then it will be boiling hot???? if you make it with a kettle? Aptamil is also very expensive.....maybe time to cut out the middle of the night drink (I know my son did this for ages) and I had to nip it in the bud)

Good luck, I know it's worrying taking babies on holiday

Louise
I'd take a couple of spare cot sheets just incase she has an 'accident' during the night (Best to be on the safe side).

Dress her in something loose for the flight as it's a long flight with a toddler and she may get uncomfortable otherwise. (Also depending on flight time it may be hot when you land)

Take her favourite toys to play with to help keep her occupied, plus when she's away she's got something familiar around her.

Some cooling wipes, mini hand held fan.

Looks a lovely hotel so I'm sure you'll have a great time :tup
Hi

We stayed at the Aqua Fantasy in October last year and had a fabulous holiday.

My sister use to take a carton of milk from the restaurant at breakfast in the morning and store it in the mini fridge (although not sure that the maids were happy about this). Not sure if this tasted exactly like cows milk but my nephew never complained.

There is a kettle in every room so no problems there.

The hotel staff were very accommodating so if you have any queries or you find that the cot sheets needs changing then you only have to mention it and it will be done.

Be careful with the mini fridge as they will try and charge you for items that you have not taken.

Hope you have a really nice stay, the entertainment staff are amazing and work all day to make your holiday enjoyable - they say it is the best hotel in Turkey. (I cant comment as it is the only hotel that I have been to in Turkey)

Have fun

Paula
I've not stayed at Aqua Fantasy but one problem my daughter encountered when she was on holiday was that the hotel she stayed at had no bath, she got a small plastic boat to bath her baby in. Lots of hotel don't have plugs on the sinks either in Turkey
hi has any one stayed at the aqua fantasy in kusadasi were staying there from the 14th of july for 2 weeks with my wife and 2 childern aged 6 and 9
thanks in advance

Merged with existing topic. Dazbo HT Mod
nelso55,

Welcome to the forums :tup
You may find members Hotel Reviews for the Aqua Fantasy, Kusadasi useful.

Darren
you can buy cows milk no probs, store it in your mini bar/fridge...easy peasy
sorry, just noticed this is from last year :duh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.