Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Colleen sent you a PM about the Visas :D
louise
london is much quicker than birmingham ,visa,s this
time from london took 2 weeks,the year before birmingham
4 weeks. i would send to london
ann
Thanks Fiona I have checked the dates and I may have to visit Leeds to obtain Visa if passport not received by Monday. :roll:

Ann, if I get passport back I will send it to London and hope for the best! We travel 5 weeks on Sunday so still time as long as passport back Monday or Tuesday! :)
Sent off to London for my visa on the 18th of Dec and got it back today 4th of Jan. Pretty good service considering the Xmas rush 8)
Hi Goonerfan

That is very quick! there is hope for us yet! :lol: But still no sign of Passport! :( I am probably panicking over nothing but cant wait i go back again and don't want anything to spoil it as we have waited 2 years for this!! :wink:
Did you note the special delivery, number on the return envelope? Try the Royal Mail site, at least you'll know it's on its way.(EDIT) Sorry have got the wrong end of the stick here :oops: Take no notice of me - for some reason I got the impression you were waiting for passport to be returned from the Indian visa dept.......best of luck!
Help needed please. I would like my mum to fly out asap. She lives closer to birmingham than london, should she 1. Ask travel agent to get the visa, 2. Go to birmingham, do they issue same day like london? or 3. use a visa collection service. Thanks xxx
Go birmingham ,get it same day ,just make sure you have every thing with you,its a long day ,but you get it same day.
remember to take a ticket on entry to visa dept: one for each visa required. :!: :!:
BOB
There are agencies that guarantee to get the visas within a 48 hour period but they are expensive, may be worth thinking about.
Hello Hapi, this site may be useful, I think the turnaround time for a visa for India is about three days http://www.uk.cibt.com. Hope this helps. Lenny
We use an agency, they are pricey but we always get our visas back within a couple of days.
Apologies in advance as I am sure this has already been answered somewhere.To save me trawling through all the pages please be patient.

Last year I sent off two completely seperate applications.That is two special delivery envelopes two sets of postal orders photos etc.

Would I be correct in assuming I can put all the documentation in one envelope and enclose one return special delivery envelope for myself and wife.

Regards,

papa
Correct Papa, I send 4 in the same envelope and never have any problems.
As ever a fast and succinct response.What a fantastic forum.Many thanks.

Regards

Papa
Sent mine off today Papa - all in one and cost £8.50 at post office. Wish they would start and do longer visas - getting fed up filling those crummy forms in + the stupidity of only accepting postal orders (adds another £5.50 to cost) + the photos, £3.50 x 2 still it's worth it in the end...
P.s - in a moaning mood today
I keep the previous year's application stored on my computer- (The Word Format one). Then all you need to change are the dates / hotel etc. All the boring info is already there. Just check they haven't updated the application form! Place each of our 2 applications inside their own envelopes and bung them in with the Special delivery return package. Don't forget to take the reference number off the return package - so you can tell it's been posted back to you, came in useful this year! Another useful tip I got from HT.
  • Edited by djk 2007-01-09 12:49:00
Quick question. If I just fill in the relevent form and include the photo's and postal order do I have to send my passport too?? :roll:

Also I'm not paying the stupid handeling fee's so i'm not going through an agency. How long will it take for one to come? I'm going 22 feb have I left it to late to do it?? :x
Yes, you need to send your passport to get the visa in it.
Should have plenty of time for feb 22nd
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.