Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I honestly expected there would have been something on the news last night about it but - not a word (on Sky News).

It was published on the BBC News website sometime after lunch yesterday afternoon. I'm really surprised it never got a mention anywhere else!
I know. I have been checking. We are off there in July.
There is now a nationwide curfew from 10pm- 5am. If your flight means you have to travel within these times you are permitted to do so but must have your tickets and passports. Please note you need to have your passports on you at all times anyway. Worth reading the FO advice in the link on first post.
from
https://www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice/thailand
Before travelling to Thailand we recommend that you check with your insurance provider that they will continue to cover for claims arising from the current situation. Some travel insurance policies exclude cover during a coup d’etat and your insurance may be invalid.
My friend returned home Sunday after spending 3 weeks in Chiang Mai. Looks like she just made it before there was any difficulties.
Did she enjoy her holiday?
I am just not too sure. We have been through this before- worrying about going to Thailand. But we will see what happens in the next few days
She did yes, apart from the humidity which, she said was unbearable.
The curfew is now midnight till 4am
Curfew is now lifted for Koh Samui, Pattaya and Phuket
Hi,

It is quite interesting to note that, whilst Pattaya, Samui and Phuket are now curfew free:

"The curfew remains in effect from 00:01 until 04:00 for the rest of the country, including other popular tourist destinations such as Chiang Mai, Chiang Rai, Krabi, Hua Hin and the capital city, Bangkok."

:think

Peter
perhaps the other places have had more disruption?
Must have really affected all the people who were working and trying to make a living.
curfew has been lifted in all areas now, there is still a military presence in Bangkok and at the Airport but this doesn't really affect your visit. Pattaya is back to normal, i have just returned from Koh Samet nad Koh Chang and again these are not affected.
:welcome to HT!
I am due to go out to Bangkok and Hua Hin next month but have been following how things are in Bangkok and it seemed ok.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.