Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
They are at opposite ends of Gumbet bay.
If you walk from the Simba to the Asarlik Beach along the beach (quickest way) its at least a 20-minute walk.

Elaine
Thanks very much for your help Elaine.

Is there any hotels or self-catering apartments you can recommend that are very close to the Asarlik Beach Hotel?
Where did you find your price on the Simba alikat? Is it a package you are booking, or flight and accommodation separately?

Places near the Asarlik Beach (or not too far) - Serhan hotel, Seray hotel, Arya (though I wouldn't recommend that one - too many iffy reviews), Queen resort, Ayaz Aqua (both of these are self catering only though, but very close to the Asarlik Beach), Tolga hotel (very small rooms, but if you're going on your own that won't matter so much). Bronze hotel, Turkay aparts, Greenhouse aparts (recommended).
Mels hotel, Turihan hotel (would recommend both of these).

Hope this helps, feel free to ask if you find another good deal and want to know how close to the Asarlik beach it is :D ,

Elaine
Thanks very much Elaine! :-) two other places i have found are the Sami Beach Hotel and the Magnific Hotel. Any clues as to how close these are?
Hiya,

The Magnific isn't far away at all - less than 5 minutes walk I'd say.
The Sami Beach is right in the centre of the resort - but further away from the Asarlik Beach than the Magnific.
On balance, the Magnific gets better reviews than the Sami Beach too.

Elaine
Thankyou!

well i'll look at a few reviews about them and let you know which one i decide to go with and give my own review when i get back!

One quick question, how would you sum up the are as a holiday resort?

Ali.
Gumbet itself is a custom-built tourist resort - not much Turkish character, but a long bay with a decent beach running the length of it. Lots of family-oriented restaurants, beachside cafes, and one Bar Street, which has maybe a dozen open-air discobars which are open til very late (ie 5am every night).
The Bodrum area is lovely I think - Gumbet is only 10 minutes from Bodrum, which is a proper Turkish town as well as being a cosmopolitan resort. It has a lovely marina area, loads of shops, a castle, and is also the main town in the area, so from there you can head off to other more Turkish/smaller resorts like Turgutreis (great market there on a Saturday), Bitez (also just over the hill from Gumbet - more laid back and better beach), Camel Beach (has camels on it :D ) Torba (Turkish millionaires holiday homes), Yalikavak (loads of posh yachts) etc etc. All of these places are easily accessible, and all within 30 minutes drive, of Bodrum by minibus (dolmus).

There are loads of excursions further afield you can take too, advertised at all the many tour agencies in the resort. My favourite trips include the all day boat trips (amazing value for money), Turgutries market, and Dedeman aquapark (just on the outskirts of Gumbet).

Elaine
sounds brilliant, wasn't really sure what to actually expect as ive never looked into going to Turkey but when my friends offered the opportunity I thought theres no point in turning it down as I luv travelling and seeing new places. Just hope it will be hot enough to get a nice tan ;-)
In June? Its the perfect time to go as far as I'm concerned - the sea is warming up, and its hot hot hot in the daytime (but still with a welcome breeze on Gumbet beach) and warm enough to wander about at night in sleeveless tops and skirts.

You will get a suntan without trying hard at all.

Elaine
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.