Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Hi Stevie, they have a wedding Gazebo overlooking the sea.

Its a lovely hotel and the management will look after you so well.

Have they suggested your reception near the Adonis Snack Bar as am sure normally they use the Zephyr (which is the a la carte restaurant) and has a terrace area outside it.

Ask away re the Athena, I have been there many times as have quite a few of our members.

Kath HT Admin
Hi thanks for that, yeah we're looking to have a BBQ reception and they said the only place we can have it is the Adonis Snack Bar. is it ok you think? haven't managed to find any photos of it.

The Gazebo over-looking the sea looks lovely, it seems perfect.

In addition we are thinking of booking it all ourselves with the help of the hotels wedding co-ordinator as opposed to paying for an private wedding planner. can anyone perhaps give their opinion on this? can i put our wedding in the hands of the hotels own cordinator or is it not worth the risk!? HELP!

Thanks,

Stephen.
I havent heard any complaints about the hotel co-ordinator.

The Adonis Grill is very near a swimming pool which is used by little ones, but if they used the far left corner you may be ok. Is it because you want a BBQ they cant offer the Zephyr ?

Kath x
yeah we are looking to have a BBQ as opposed to a sit down meal. think it would be nice and different! that was the only place available for the BBQ. Hopefully it'll be ok. if anyone out there has any good photos of this area they would be appreciated. cant seem to find one anywhere on the interweb!

Stephen.
Im sure that if the hotel have recommended it you will be ok.

Kath x
Hi all

we got married in paphos in 2007 at st pauls church, just a stones throw from paphos harbour, a fantastic church with alot of history. We travel and spend alot of time in paphos and can recommend a wedding co ordinator who lives in paphos and is english and is very reasonable. We chose to have our reception on the newly built ocean flyer yacht at the harbour . you have the chioce to sail for ann hour or so , or just feel like royalty on the dock. we chose the captains table menu with all the trimmings to include choc fountains, free bar for all , fireworks display.

all you have to do is tell them wat you want and they will provide, fantastic venue, great food and entertainment. If you want to see the yacht , google ocean flyer paphos harbour and you will find it.

I would recommend to anyone to steer clear of the travel agent style co ordinator, thomsons etc, as they will just add their cut on all of it.

eg, If you want a disco they will charge something like 400/500 pounds . where the disco will charge only about 150/200

anyway if you want a co ordinator just ask and ill let you have her number and introduce you.

thanks
Hi All, just got back from our wedding in Paphos and wanted to pass on any info i can that will help others who are thinking about doing it.
We got married at the Aliathon Holiday Village on 7th July and what an amazing day it was.
Met with Zoe, our FC wedding co-ordinator the morning after we arrived and she was fab. Agree with others, that the "extras" are very pricey, so if you can sort things out before you go, do.
We had taken a walk round the night we arrived and had seen a wedding venue up beside the main pool @ the lighthouse. It was pretty, but i just thought it was too close to the pool and thought there was a chance of people getting splashed. Guess where we were offered by Zoe the next day?haha When i said that i didn't want it, she was fine with that and arranged for the wedding to take place in the gardens, which are just stunning. They set up tables and chairs and they close the gates off when the service is taking place, so that people aren't just walking through.
We had arranged our own photographer (from laurababes on this forum, who had recommended him) Photokyriacos, if you look up his web page you can look on the gallery page to see his work. Would just like to say that he was brilliant. He came up to see us at the hotel, firstly to meet with us, then to drop off the proofs and then to give us the album. Such a nice guy, so laid back and was nice to work with. The pics that he took were amazing, especially the sunset ones. Worth getting them done. He stayed with us till about 6pm (our wedding was at 5pm), then came back in his car at 7.30pm to take us up the coast a bit for better pics and took us back to the hotel for just after 8pm.
When Zoe asked us which photographer we used and seen the prices, she said that she could understand why we had picked him. FC just can't compete with his prices, when they take a cut. He also told us that he sometimes did work to help cover for the photographer with FC as he get's so many weddings to do. The package that we got included a 40 page album, plus 12 sunset pics, proof book, cd with all pics taken and a large poster, which was about €650 - FC wasnted about €1100 for the same thing!!!
I didn't upgrade the flowers, just kept the carnations for myself & bridesmaid and they were beautiful. The cake was really good too. Got the standard sponge, but got the chocolate one!! Hair - that was a big rip off, but i just wanted as little fuss as poss on the day. Got the hairdresser to come to the room and she put my hair up, took about 20mins max (which with my long hair, I thought was amazing) and she made a great job. €90 for that!!!
We had our meal up outside the lighthouse, Meze meal and it was fab. Word of warning though, there is tons of food and it's all beautiful. I think there were about 8 or 9 courses!! My hubby had made up a few cds and we just had them playing over the sound system and didn't bother going with a dj. Just as well, as the meal didn't finish till about 10pm!!haha There was space to have some dancing after the meal and that was good for us. The party went on till 12.30am and then we went to the beer garden at the front of the hotel, they put the lights out on us (about 3am). Yes it was an amazing day/night.
In short, i would recommend going away to get married, but try and do as much as you can yourself before. Even simple things like the table confetti (which my hubby laughed at, till he seen it) take yourself. They charge €2.50 and i had bought some for £1 at home.
The only gripe i had with the hotel, they wanted to charge us an extra €3 for each chair cover!!! We had 30 guests, so that would have been an extra €100. FC were on to it for us though and we didn't get charged in the end. Think they realised that we were spending so much on the food and also a drink package, that to charge us for the chair covers was a bit much.
Hope this helps. If anyone has any questions, fire away and i'll try to help.
Cheers :cheers
Ann J now!!haha
Weddings in hotels, churches etc are 390 euro, not the cake, button holes etc, it will give you a wedding licence and the priest.
:tongue
Hello everyone

I am new to this site

We have decided that we want to get married in Cyprus in September 2011 and the venue we would like is Pegeia Agios Georgios Church but i cant seem to find the venue any where on websites, can anyone help me does anyone know if it is possible to get married there as when we went to cyprus last year we watched the most gorgeous sunset from that church and think that the venue is ideal

Hope to hear from someone soon

Emma & Glen
Hi

Due to financial constraints and hating to feel 'ripped off'. We've decided not to use a wedding planner or tour operator and do it all ourselves! Now, I'm getting just a little jittery and would be grateful if someone who has been married in Cyprus in 2009 could confirm a couple of things for me please?

I've booked my wedding direct with Paphos Town Hall and have an email confirmation. It is September 8 2010 at 5pm.

We fly out on Saturday 4th September 2010 and are planning to register on the Monday 6th and fill in the necessary forms.

I've been told to bring our passports, Decree Absolutes and affidavit from our Solicitors (one each) to confirm that we are single and free to marry.

Can anyone please confirm that the above is really all I need and that it will be easy and cheap to arrange taxis to and from Paphos Town Hall for me and our 7 guests - we are staying at a villa in Coral Bay.

Lastly, has anyone any suggestions for a nice restaurant for our celebration meal afterwards? Again, not wishing to pay too much - perhaps about £20 - £30?

Thanks for any replies.

Viv
and that it will be easy and cheap to arrange taxis to and from Pafos Town Hall

:rofl :rofl :rofl

sorry but there is no such thing on Cyprus as a cheap taxi but on the other hand they are plentiful. for the reception you will probably do best using one of the hotels [if there is enough of you] the eateries in the resort areas are expensive go away from the resorts [sorry another taxi job] and you will get better quality and cheaper prices

yasus
wizard
you will also need photocopies of your witnesses passports, who must be 18 years old and over and also your original birth cetrificates.
Thanks, I didn't know that we had to have photocopies of the witnesses passports, something else to make a note of!

As for cheap taxis, I meant as opposed to hiring wedding cars, I would think a couple of taxis will work out cheaper.

Thanks for the replies all - please keep them coming!
i think your birth certificates need to be full ones.
Thanks, I didn't know that we had to have photocopies of the witnesses passports, something else to make a note of!

Yep, I had a bit of a moment when we presented ours at Paralimni Town Hall. My niece was one of my witnesses and had just turned 18 last year. Never gave her age a second thought! ( some countries your witness has to be 21) but your birth certificates and decree absoluts have to be the original, no photocopies of them or you won't be getting married!
Also make sure that the solicitors stamp is on the affidavits.
We were married 3 months ago in Protaras and had a wonderful time. We used a Tour operator but purchased the flowers seperately.
Enjoy.

[code]i think your birth certificates need to be full ones.[/code]

What other type is there????
There are 2 versions of the birth certificate, a small one and also the full version A4 size

regarding the wedding transport, far cheaper to hire a mini-bus rather then taxi's

Also those thinking they can do it themselves, also ask the town hall if there is a bank holiday when they come over as the town hall may be shut when they go to submit their forms. So many restaurants at those's prices of £20 - £30 but they may not be the best ones for you or your party. Someone stated they are staying at Peyia and having the civil ceremony at Paphos Town hall, I am just wondering why they never chose Peyia Town hall instead as it would only be 5 mins away rather then 25 - 35 mins away depending on the traffic also reduce the cost of the transport, but then a wedding planner would know that
Kev
There are 2 versions of the birth certificate, a small one and also the full version A4 size

I only have a large version........are the smaller ones recent? My son is 11 and he just has a large certificate too!

When we were pricing up taxis for our guests, it was cheaper getting a minibus only by 20 euro's but there was only 18 of them. I was going to go through a taxi company for my "limo" but let the TO book mine as it was exactly the same price as the taxi co, so saved me the hassle of ringing up.
I got married last year in the town Hall in paphos.Just to give you an idea why not take a look at http://www.ido.com.cy and have a look at just the idea's that they offer.We had our reception/meal at a restuarant there. Also why not get Igor the guy who owns the company to give you a cost because he takes you to the town hall and around all the possible places for your reception you never know it might actually be cheaper than paying for taxi's.
Thanks so much for all your replies - I have learnt a couple of things I didn't know. Is there anyone who has been married in Paphos Town Hall either this or last year, who could tell me approximately how long the actual service is and how I go about taking my own music? I don't want to walk down the 'aisle' to Here comes the bride or similar!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.