Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
hi firbyfred

There's the direct bus from the aiport to Piraeus. It's service E96 and you get it just outside the door at arrivals. The journey time is about 1 hour 20 minutes. It has been three years since we did this route and then it cost 2.90 euro per person. I'd guess it might be about 4 euro now but I don't know for sure.

Hellenic Ferries operate the route from Piraeus to Aegina and in May 2009 they are charging 15.50 euro per person, one way. It's on their flying dolhin and the journey time is only 40 minutes. If you go for a smaller and slower ferry (Nova) it could be cheaper but I don't have a clue what the fare will be.

bill
Thanks I will look up some timetables to see how it fits in with flights.
Last September the bus was runnning about every 30 minutes and I think it was about 3.60 each. Athens transport system is excellent now! I was very pleasntly surprised.

Don't forget that the airport (lovely) is now about 90 minutes from Piraeus.

We're actually flying to Athens out of choice this year, having only gone last year as it was our easiest way of getting home after XL's collapse.
The airport > Piraeus bus is the X96 it gets you right to Karaiskaki square near to where the Saronic island ferries go. It's only a few Euros.
The main service to Aegina is the Hydrofoil every ½ hour alternates between Aegean Flying Dolphins and Hellenic Seaways. The latter and Nova, operate conventional ferries as well, roughly hourly, which are cheaper, 9.50 Euros, just double for the faster hydrofoils/catamarans.
Thanks for the replies, my wife won 2 flight tickets. To get to Athens we have to fly via Munich. what time do the ferries start and finish. thanks again
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.