Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
That is about the going rate, in fact slightly cheaper than some would quote. I presume you can book online from the person that quoted you?
Yes Athensfan I can reserve online.
Just had a quote from firm I used last year same each way but E20 discount for booking return.
Looks like the prices are competeitive so can stop worrying now.
I know you can get slightly less in resort but don't want the worry.
not surprised theyre quoting that to be honest,if you're talking about Tolo on the peleponesse its about 100 miles each way and fuel prices are more or less in line with the UK now! The Rodos taxi drivers are pushing for another fare increase from the council,they deserve it too with the price of diesel!
Sambucacasual
Yes we are talking Tolo (Tolon).
It is quite a way but only about 1 hour 45 mins now in taxi on better roads.
Coach in Kosmar days was 2 and a half hours plus pitstop at Cornith canal taverna. Those were the days.
When they flew to Kalamata it was 3 hours at least.

But it is the only place we want to go to!!
There's something about Tolo, its one of the very few destinations we've been to twice.
We have not been anywhere twice.

Tolo 8 times

:)
What is it about Tolo that makes you go back?
I'm intrigued, I holidayed there when I lived in the UK, then other places on the Peloponnese, now I live here. Tolo would be way down on my list of places to stay now, there are lots of others more attractive, interesting & less of a resort.
I know when you have been somewhere 8 times you make friends & that can be a big draw, but what else?
Tolo is just our favourite place. We know it is slightly overdeveloped and most of the beach is bit narrow and othe points people have raised in reviews over time. It is busy at weekends when Athenians or locals working in Athens come down for the weekend but just walk down the main road on Monday morning at about 10.00 and it is like a ghost town.
We have made friends there of course and have our favourite tavernas, mainly the ones on the beach, Romvi, Tol Steki, Barbaressa, Alcadia and Lefka. Also since the demise of Kosmar there are even less of our countrymen as only Sunvil go there now (or indepent like us).
As soon as we arrive we both instantly go into chilled out holiday mode and thats the real reason.
The only worry is the new countries using Tolo.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.