Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
you will find members reviews in the hotel review forum

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/greece/skiathos/

wizard
Its not callled the Atrium for nothing, you are high up overlooking Achladies and the islands.
Ideally you would need transport to the nearest tavernas unless you are really fit and like a climb. They did have a minibus as i recall ...

I have not stayed there but have heard very good reports, and it has a stunning view - See a photo I took last October much further down the hill from the atrium and this will be your breakfast view - Only much better !
Thanks for that Naughty. It does look beautiful and we've hired a car so hopefully the height won't be too much of a problem! Is it far to walk to Platanias, the actual village? eg, to the nearest taverna. Also do you know if there is much for 2 young teenage boys??? Or would we have to go into Skiathos every night :?:
Hi Orley

Achladies lies roughly midway between the two resorts, You will need transport to reach both.

From the Atrium you will go down the hill emerging just before "Bus stop 9" its quite a walk down to the beach, via a steep path on the opposite side of the road to bus stop 9. Or further down via the main road to "Bus stop 10 " which is Acladies itself. Access to the beach down the side path on R/H side of hotel as you face the Espiredes hotel, which has a boat taxi service to town from the beach for a couple of Euros.
Platanis or Paraskevi is "Bus stop 16" where there are some good tavernas and a couple of lively bars. As you have a car do go to Koukounaries in the evening, there are some great tavernas along the road but it is quieter than Skiathos Town.

Get over to the other islands if you can, but book boat trips on the quayside yourself, (Be a cany scot !) Check out the boats and prices and see who is packed on a morning visit to town - they leave 9.15 -9.30 (My advice book then just as they are about to go) not uncommon to see Dolphins between Skopolos and Alonisos or on the north coast of Skiathos itself.

If the boys are swimmers take snorkel, masks and flippers, and they can explore the rocks at Vromilinos, Paraskevi or the beach by the old Plakes taverna in town or the northern beaches - Another good trip is by boat taxi from town to Tsougria island, deserted except for an old olive press but great beaches and they will be hooked on snorkeling forever ! Evening entertainment for the boys may be more difficult unless you go into town or Pareskevi / Troulos.
Thanks so much, I didn't think we were so far away from things but as long as there is a taverna of sorts within walking distance for some evenings. I just hope there's plenty of entertainment for the boys in the evenings, ie they're into their music so if there are any live music bars that would be fantastic, it'll keep them ocupied for a wee while. I am so looking forward to going to Skiathos, it sounds wonderful. 8)
Orley

I have given you the wrong info - I confused the Atrium with another hotel above Achladies ...

The atrium is in an elevated position above Platanis/Paraskevi beaches not Achladies - Its a walk down a slope to the beach of about 200 yards !!

See http://www.atriumhotel.gr/Atrium/index.htm

Apologies - But you will find it is still a great location overlooking the bay on the bend of the road near bus stop 16
It looks absolutely beautiful, hopefully it lives up to its photos! Any other info on restaurants in the nearby area etc would be great. Thanks Naughty 8)
Orley

There will be plenty of Tavernas nearby, and Paraskevi has a lovely sandy beach which is where i spent my first holiday in Skiathos. Personaly I love Jimmys on the main road as its the taverna that we first went to, and is now run by Nicos who is a great guy. Does an excellent take away pizza for the beach ...
Have you looked at the Skiathos discussion pages - See http://1.myfreebulletinboard.com/skiathos.html
Lots of excellent info on there.
Thanks Naughty, that's a great site and a great help. Only 10 1/2 weeks to go!!! 8)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.