Caribbean - Cuba Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Cuba
ATV's in cuba
6 Posts
Cuba's tourist industry is still developing... Can't remember any ATVs , but there are jeep safaris from Varadero, Catamaran days, swimming with dolphins, Excursions to other Cities (including Havana) and other "cultural stuff" - don't let that put you off... Cuba will change beyond recognition when the American Trade/Travel embargoes are lifted (which won't be long now...)

Go and experience the Culture!! (and some of the best beaches in the Caribbean!)

ATB,J.

Otherwise, which other islands have you been to?
Also, is there a waterpark or themepark?

If by this you mean the sort of places that you get in and around the Med, then no, to the best of my knowledge you won't find anything like that in Cuba yet which is one of the best reasons I know for getting out to Cuba now before it changes for ever once the US drops the embargo. Each to their own but I think that Cuba has its own special charm at the moment that makes it rather special - once the embargo goes then I suspect that, yes, you will start to find those sort of attractions on offer but it will then become just one more Caribbean island.

As Merseygull says, there are plenty of trips that focus in the culture and if you go to one of the main tourist beach resorts you'll find plenty of watersports and boat trips etc on offer. However, as I have no idea what an ATV is I can't say whether you'll find them in Cuba :D

I find it hard to believe that anybody could ever be bored in Cuba - select the right hotel in a beach-based tourist resort or one of the Cayos specifically developed for tourists and you'll find lots of activities on offer within your hotel as well as trips out. Yes, you do need to do your research very carefully before you go - there is a diversity of standards between the hotels and the food can be variable too but there's lots of info on here that should help you choose a hotel that suits your needs. If you do decide to go, do try and spend some time in Havana - I think that it's one of those cities that everybody should visit at least once in their life.

SM
SMa wrote:

do try and spend some time in Havana - I think that it's one of those cities that everybody should visit at least once in their life.

SM

ABSOLUTELY second that!!

ATB,J.
I'm curious as to what an ATV is. Can somebody explain what it stands for please? :D
Hi Shirley, Merseygull very kindly PM'd me to explain that it stands for All Terrain Vehicle - in other words it's a 4x4 and presumably the OP is referring to off-road excursions. Like Merseygull, I've never seen 4x4s in Cuba but I've certainly done what I think most of us in the UK would regard as 'off-road' journeys. It's just that I've done mine in 'people carriers' or taxis and they've been along the unmade rough tracks that masquerade as 'roads' in rural Cuba and the less developed cayos :rofl

SM
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.