Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Australia Tour
4 Posts
Have you looked at AAT Kings http://www.aatkings.com ? They were the first company that sprung to mind, but I'm sure there are others.

When we did a month long tour of the Far East and Australia we planned it with a local travel agent and all the flights were with Qantas. We didn't have a rep or a tour guide, btu we didn't need one.

I would also recommend visiting Cairns/Port Douglas as you can scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef there.

Not sure if you can still climb Uluru, but it is not a gentle, easy climb. People we met on the way turned back.

Try to take in a show at the Opera House in Sydney as it is a great experience.

If you decide to DIY then theree are some great beaches on the east coast such as Byron Bay and Lennox Head. Surfers Paradise and the Gold Coast are very touristy. Brisbane is a great city.

luci :wave
I have taken short tours in Australia with both AAT Kings and APT (Australian Pacific Tours) http://www.aptouring.com.au/ both were very good and both do a number of tours of various lengths. Both are Australian companies but I believe they may have UK agents.
We used Austravel for our flight and stopovers, but they do a selection of trips.
For flights in Oz, try Jetstar and see if you cn find the Friday Frenzy site for real discount flights (Still Jetstar). Virgin Blue also do good flights, and if you mix and match those two, you might do even better.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.