Holiday Truths Gallery

For over 24 years holidaytruths.co.uk has been the chosen destination of the savvy UK holiday maker looking for up to date travel information and advice.

Uploaded Files

I can do the concorde lounge shortly :). On way out though we fly from T3 and I have a couple of One World lounges I can try. I think I get to the gold ones.
OH goes to bronze in october and I will be in 15 months. Things are going downhill too quickly so probably not worth keeping silver.
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-03-29 16:03:07
I am on Gold - legacy airline, and that was from last year - ive just changed completely to Emirates..
Like Fiona I won't be keeping Silver status next year , the main advantages of silver are access to club / biz check in , access to lounge regardless of ticket class , and able to book seats free of charge at time of booking . I do find these useful , but do not now fly enough to gain and keep this status . I would always use BA for my flight needs and usually book car hire or hotel with them too , but now find that I will look around more and not neccesarily use them all the time . I do qualify for a reward voucher each year by way of Amex and that is useful for a long haul flight in a premium cabin , but even the premium cabins are losing their way with cutbacks to the food service . As I didn't have a long flight to Jersey I didn't bother with the new BoB format , but the cabin crew almost sounded pitiful and disinterested at asking if anyone wanted anything from " M&S onboard " I just felt like I'm on a British Airways flight , why are they promoting M&S ?? I understand the reason behind the new buy on board and realise that they are fighting in a competitive market , but it made me feel like BA have sold their soul .
BOB has been a disaster. We are flying to Zante with them. ( a very cheap flight) and the Greek destinations have been a particular disaster with things running out after about the third row - so We will just take on our own food and drink. Did you know you can drink your own alcohol on a BA flight? I would imagine they will ban it soon though.
There is no regulation that you can't drink your own alcohol on board , but it is illegal to be drunk on an aircraft . Other airlines may have a ruling that you can't drink your own alcohol , but you're right that BA will allow you , but will confiscate it if it's clear you've had too much !! Flew back today , full aircraft , in the 6 rows around me ( 36 pax) I saw one buy a coffee and another a bottle of water , it took the crew ages to sort out an Avios payment for the coffee , but it's not really about raising revenue like the LCCs , it's about saving a drink and biscuit for free . They say it's " To fly , to serve " !!! Serve what ?? M&S profits ? I did a quick look for flights to JER in sept and cross checked with easy , and they were similar prices , so as long as there's bums on seats under the regime from Cruz , nothing will change until he goes or squeezes too much ? I am looking forward to my CE flights this year and hope the service in there hasn't diminished .
So you haven't seen photos elsewhere of the CE panini then
Just caught up on the panini saga , it appears they have taken away a hot meal on flights around 2 hours like Madrid and replaced it with a " premium " panini , it seems that on the flights I have booked to ACE which is around 4 hours and termed a long route there should be a hot meal choice . In the past the service and food has been very good on my CE flights , and I've enjoyed the 4 hour flight just as much as a 7 hour flight in first . Generally in the past my CE flights have been about 40 to 60 more than economy and with a bit more space and better level of service and the food and drink I think that £10 per hour for the flight and say £20 for the lounge access and checkin is great value for money . I think we have to realise that BA is now very much a 3 to 4 star airline depending on the day and route !! And in fairness some prices can be very good compared to the competition .
It's now about price now when picking flights. They are losing loyalty.
I would fully agree with that , and a big reason why they still appeal to me is the network of routes from airports very close to me ( LGW , 30 mins , LHR 60 mins ) even though I go to mainly the same places ! I was chatting to the checkin agent at Jersey yesterday and he was saying the same things too , he wouldn't buy food on board and preferred to pre buy from Pret , he also said if you were unhappy with the quality of the food that BA didn't want to know and the customer is referred directly to M&S about any complaints !!
I personally have never flown with BA, but my son always used to fly with them, I've spent many hours tracking his BA flight to & from HK ...... The last time he came home, he flew into Manchester with Cathay Pacific. He'd had some spat with BA over a seating arrangement and after lots of communications, he got no joy..

Through FB and his newsfeed I saw this article. I've found it on the web for those who don't have a FB account.

Quite funny responses....although I image it will be like water off a duck's back for the BA ceo.

http://www.godsavethepoints.com/news/2017/2/15/open-letter-to-british-airways-ceo-alex-cruz

Sanji x
Thanks for link Sanji. I too have never flown with BA & am lost with all the abbreviations 😱 but I read the link & comments, fight, fight 😀
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.