Spain - Balearics - Majorca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Majorca.
hiya,
i should imagine most supermarkets in resort would stock these brands at reasonable prices.. if not these brands then the spannish equivelents..
hope this helps

:)
I have just returned from Palma Nova with a baby. Most of the Spar shops and chemists stock baby milk and foods, you can get Hipp, Cow and Gate, Heinz and their own brand Hero seem ok for fruit puddings. The only thing I couldnt get was the packet of breakfast porridges.
I think a jar of Hipp was about 3.10 euro and Cow and Gate about 2.80 euro.
I only bought one ready made carton of milk whilst there, which was there version of Aptimil which I got in the chemist so Im sure you will get SMA easily enough.
Had to buy nappies at the end of the holiday, a pack of 16 pampers was 8.80 euros from Spar shop.

Let me know if there is anything else.
thankyou for your reply i have one more question i would be grateful if someone could reply what baby milk or food can you take in your hold luggage am i allowed to take powdered milk food etc

thanks in advance
Sara
Hi,I'm sure you can take powdered milk in hold luggage,you can also take some ready made formula in hand luggage,it has to be shown though.When my son was small I always carried ready measured,pre boiled water in bottles and powdered formula in a small tub with measuring spoon,like that I was always prepared but didn't have to keep it warm or cool.Alex just drunk it at room temperature.So much easier than making it up then trying to find somewhere to heat it.
You can take any type of baby food/milk on board but they might ask you to taste it first.
On the way out I decided to wait until I had got through the security and bought my baby food instead of bringing it with me as they dont require to check it that way.
On our way home from Palma i had taken a carton of ready made baby milk and baby food, I just put it in a separate plastic bag for going through security. They didnt ask me to check it or taste it, they just put it through.
Hi im going to palma nova in october my baby will be 8 months
hes on aptamil can you get it there also im staying in hotel sol mirlos/tordos
are the shops near there that sell baby things ...
hi ruthie
i ended up taking tins of powdered sma gold and 42 jars of baby food with me lol i used bubble wrap and jars arrived in one piece i put all the nappies in hand luggage you can even take baby juice with you if you put it in your suitcase.i found the well known brands expensive over there i only bought 1 jar of hipp baby food for the airport in case of a delay that cost 3 euros :roll:
it may seem daft taking all that with me but it was a lot easier plus there was plenty of room in the suit case for souveneirs and duty free coming back lol
sara
They do Aptimal over there, (slightly different name but cartons look the same) I bought some cartons from the chemist which is right beside the Hotel Sol Mirlos/Tordos if you come out of the back gate.
Hi

the nappies etc are so much cheaper if bought from the spanish supermarkets - and if you are going self catering and worried about costs - its cheaper to buy potatoes, carrotts, apples etc and cook them down adn them mash them up and store in fridge in little containers, but try shopping at places liek Caprado and Mercadonna - save a fair bit of money that way

i was lucky when i went to Palma Nova as i was still breastfeeding - and at home was used to mashign up veg and storing it that way so did the same when at Sol Mirlos - just got the veg from the restaurants at dinner and fed him that and banana and cereal in the morning, lunch was cheese sticks and apples etc

best holiday i had
i also took a kettle and a flask the cup on the flask was ideal for heating food and bottle when we were away from our hotel and in our hotel room we didn't have a fridge in our room so we didn't buy ready made cartons of milk the chemists were the only places i saw baby milk we also bought the local baby juice from the chemist which our daughter loved.
our daughter is a very fussy eater and at the time we were on holiday she would only eat hipp baby food hence taking all the jars with us.
if your little angel eats well then are plenty of baby foods on the market and you'll have no problems finding them i just wanted my daughter to eat the same foods as she eats here as i knew that her milk was being made up from the bottled water in palma nova.we had no problems with sickness or anything.she loved palma nova and we are going back in september.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.