Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Glad you enjoyed it Yvonne.

Would be most grateful if when you've a minute, you could do us a review on the hotel HERE and the resort of Sozopol HERE please.

I've just been looking at how you do the resort reviews, and found that you are invited to do it when you do the hotel review.

Peter
good to hear you had a great time Yvonne. It would be interesting to hear why Sozopol won you over. I'm sure others would find it useful too. :D
I took a day trip to Sozopol whilst staying in Sunny Beach in August. What a pleasant surprise this was, totally relaxed, quaint, historic, cheap, and missing much of the tackyness of SB. Its quite similar to Nessebar with traditional wooden built houses, cobled streets and overhanging trees offering shade. However, its far more relaxed and the food offerings aren't restricted to Pancakes/Pizza/Baked Potato. Infact I came across a lovely bakery offering a wonderful choice of breads, rolls and pastries.
I came across 2 churches, one from the 13th C which was lovely and cool with beautiful wooden facades and another from 18th C called St George - opposite this is probably the best cake shop Ive ever come accross, an absolute feast for those with a sweet tooth and a good choice of ice cream too, mmmm! I settled for Amaretto flavour.
There's a small market selling tourist items, plenty of eateries but I only came across 1 beach - a good size but the rest of the coast seems very rocky.
Most of the hotels are now (just like Nessebar) in the new town and you're likely to see plenty of building work in progress but not heavy machinery.
My initial thoughts when booking my family holiday were that Sozopol would have been too quiet. Having visited it I wished I'd have booked the holiday in Sozopol, its a lovely, lively resort which still holds some Bulgarian culture.
I have put a review on this hotel in the hotel review section

Yvonne
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.