General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
To be fair I think you can only research the hotel so much to have a general feel for the place and unfortunately that won't include others behaviour for the same week you will be there. I understand the point behind your post and I really feel for you. We had similar happen at our hotel in Gran Canaria last year. It was out first time AI too; the first week was lovely, the people, food, drink etc were lovely, we felt really relaxed at night, we thought it was great however during our second week several new Brit families arrived and the atmosphere changed for the worst.

It got rowdy at night, swearing, spitting, blasting balls at each other across a crowded pool, youngsters babysitting their younger siblings while Mum and Dad raided the bar at night, a small group of lads running around the hotel at night 'shooting' the hotel staff with toy guns! Honestly it felt like the family from Shameless had joined us!

However a few complaints from guests and staff to the Rep led some getting a written warning sellotaped to their hotel room door telling them if their children carried on misbehaving and annoying other guests then they would be put out of the hotel. Signs were also put up on the restaurant doors too. The behaviour did calm down alot and children were supervised better. However the Parents who received the letters could be heard moaning night after night about how crap the hotel was, how miserable the staff were etc! Talk about thick skinned! After those few first days with the new crowd we were glad we were going home a few days later, other guests going home on the same day as us also felt the same.

It really does seem such a shame that the holiday you have saved so hard for to enjoy for a week or two is spoilt by fellow inconsiderate guests however I would not let this spoil my choice of an AI holiday. But I agree with you about reviewing hotels before your book. I would not choose a massive AI complex with several pools for the very reason we are discussing - other people!
By the way the hotel on a Greek island you didn't want to name in your post - it isn't the Corfu Panorama Resort (formerly Sidari Village) is it? I hope not I am going there this year! :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.