Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
Hi Kia, welcome to HT! :wave

I've requested these apartments be added to the reviews section.
You'll find their website HERE.

Pippy :D
If anyone can assist by posting a review, please do so HERE.

Thanks.

Pippy :D
Hi Kia,

I have posted a review of Bahia Blanca on the reviews section. We normally hire a car from the airport as the last time we used a taxi it was around £25 each way and it is possible to hire a small car for the week for around a £100. I'm not sure what the taxi fare is now as it was some years ago since we last used one. I hope you will enjoy Bahia Blanca as much as we have in the past. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.
hya Kia

We are going to bahia blanca in Dec. Have you got a timeshare their or do you know someone who has? Some friends of ours(3 seperate families) have been and they think its absolutely wonderful. So I am eager tto see your review when you get back.

My best friend is in puerto rico at the mo(not at bb)and she says it is boiling, 35 to 40 degrees every day.

Enjoy your holiday

Jackie
Will be spending Whit week at the Bahia Blanca - has anyone stayed there recently? If so any tips or recommendations we should know about before we arrive?
If anyone has stayed here recently would you please add your review by Clicking Here

Many Thanks
Anybody stayed here? We are thinking of going next March and would like some opinions. I know it's a timeshare place and you have to attend a meeting, anybody know if it's a hard sell?

Cheers,

Jim
We have only ever been contacted once by the sales staff at BB in numerous visits to the resort and this was a very laid-back meeting. They are fairly new owners in the resort so they may be a little keener now (we haven't been for a couple of years) but I doubt it. We owned 5 weeks of timeshare for a number of years and sold them all because we bought an apartment but we kept BB because it was our favourite. Not the most luxurious resort but we love it's laid-back feel and brilliant aspect as all apartments have a view over the sea.
We have just returned from a week at the Bahia Blanca. It is a really nice place - we had a fantastic apt with a huge balcony, kitted out with 2 sun loungers and table and umbrella. The views from the balcony were stunning. I keep meaning to post a review - I'll try and get round to it.

Now to your question about whether there is a "hard sell". We stayed as guests of some one who owns, with the condition we had to sit down and listen to the sales rep trying to sell the apts. I can honestly say there was no hard sell from the rep - Dina. We had gone to have a cheap week chilling and never went with the intention of buying. The sell lasts about 90 mins and she explains how much they cost - £3k for a week (any week, depending upon availability and also flexible throughout the year), + legal fees of £285 and an annual maintenance feee of £240 (payable in Jan). Drinks are provided and she runs through the exchange programme, RCI. There is also a dvd to watch on RCI.

She left us with all the details and said she would speak to us later in the holiday. This was Tuesday, she then found us round the pool every day after that - I started to dread hearing the clip clop of hers shoes approaching. On the Wednesday we told her we weren't interested as we felt it didn't have that wow factor, although for a weeks stay it is very comfortable. She obviously saw how much our boys were enjoying the place and that we were getting seriously more chilled as the week went on, so she persisted (as you would expect a sales rep to do) throughout the rest of the week. On Thursday she told us about some re-sales that they had for only £2k per week, but we told her that we still weren't interested. She must have seen a chink in my wifes armour as she approached her again on the Thursday and Friday while I wasn't there to find out whether I had been "persuaded". Anyhow we didn't buy an apt and she never got too annoying. She really was a charming lady and in a way I suppose we enjoyed our chats round the pool.

Now here comes the interesting bit - we told a little bit of a white lie when we said we were not interested as we got talking to a couple who were selling one of their weeks privately - they had two consecutive weeks in a fantastic ground floor apt with a huge garden and unobstructed views of the Atlantic. We agreed a price plus £90 legal fee and said we would get back in touch when we returned home. Once home we proceeded with buying the apt unti Bahia Blanca literally spat the dummy out. We were told that as we were not related to the other couple we would have to pay £300 legal fees and that we were not allowed any flexibility with the week we purchased. This is contrary to what the couple were told. ANyhow we reluctantly had to back out of the purchase as we needed the flexibility of when we stayed there.

Hope I haven't waffled on for too long - I wouldn't hesitate in going back there. Just make sure that if you are not interested in purchasin you make this very clear shortly after the meeting with the sales rep.

One last thing - you will be shownsome rough sums comparing the timeshare to going on holiday each year for the next 10 years. What they forget to include in their sum is the costs of flights !!!! Very clever and I only spotted it when I was going through all the stuff back on our balcony.

Hope you have great time - and don't forget if you mean NO make sure you say NO.
John,
Thanks a lot for that, it pretty much answered my question and confirmed roughly what I thought. The place sounds great and we have booked to go for a week next March. What did you think of the resort itself and any recommendations for eating and drinking. We would like to find a pub with music and a bit atmosphere.

Jim
Hi Jim - I've finally got round to posting a report in the hotel section.

Can't recommend any particular bars or restuarants apart from the ones upstairs when you walk into Puerto Rico - just by the small Marina. Excellent Chinese, Greek & Indian and a few good bars. Head further in to the commercial centre for something more lively or head up the hill from Bahia Blanca to the Europa centre.

If you have anymore questions fire away

All the best - John
John,

Thanks, I've read the review and it sounds great. If I think of any questions I'll be in touch.

Jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.