Far East

Discussions regarding holidays in the Far East.
Bali Hi?
7 Posts
I have moved your post to our Far East forum where it may get a better response.

luci :wave
I hope Gerib reads this as she is booking that hotel as well. It looks great. I can't help you with flights as we booked a package - Singapore/Bali. We booked it through Qantas who are great because you don't have to book all the accomodation through them. As long as you book 5 days with them you are free to book directly with any accomodation you want. I couldn't seem to get a better DIY price, and I did look. We went in July. I am really uncertain about February. I think there is a fair amount of rain then. I would have thought April to Oct/Nov would be best, but I'm sure someone else will confirm or put my right! Bali must be the most beautiful island I have visited. I fell under its spell. Have you read my trip report on it? We stayed in Sanur which is quiet compared to Kuta. I will look out photos and my report and add to here.
Hi Das
I've just booked Kumala Pantai. A deluxe room (their standard) starts of at 385,000 rups a nights per room, including breaky for two)
Kumala Pantai are well known for not answering emails so it's best to ring or fax. I rang and emailed confirmation and they answered it. Put your enquiries 'attention Desi'. Be aware that KP allocate rooms on booking so if you want say ground floor, pool view you must say so... otherwise they will allocate you anywhere.
February is the wet season and hot and sticky. KP was on the beach once, however, they built a path/roadway in front of the all the hotels and more like a promenade. No vehicles are allowed there so it's not full on traffic just the odd bike. The beach across from KP must have waves because the Aussie surfers hang out on Legian beach.
Another good hotel is Puri Raja (if you can stand a lot of Aussies and Kiwis lol) it's very reasonable and has just opened up from a complete refurbishment and is reasonable... again there is plenty of surf if that's what your after.
Hope this helps. Cheers Geri[/list]
hi
i went to bali about 6 yrs ago when i was living in west oz. i LOVED it we went in a small group of friends & had a brilliant time. we stayed in legian at the kuta end. kuta was very loud & brash but there you could get away to beautiful places such as ubud easily & cheaply.
we were only there for 10 days but found it a fantastic place to visit, just very sad that the 2 places we spent all our evenings in harrys bar & the sari club are now no more and heartbreaking to think the devastating effect the troubles over there must have had on the gorgeous wonderful friendly balinese people.
i would go back in a minute!!!!
generally the standard of hotels is very high, we stayed in a low key probably budget hotel in legian ( not quite backpacker standard higher) but it was beautiful. i just wish i could remember the name of it. we did wander round quite a few hotels that were right on the beaches & there was some gorgeous ones.
kuta beach is not what id call a fantastic beach although it does have sea & sand obviously ( & hawkers!!) but there is some lovely beaches further up north places like nusa dua.
apologies if my post doesnt have any definite info for you but bali is lovely & well well worth going to.
Hi Das

I thought you would like to know that the word is on the Bali forums is that the Kumala Pantai is adding another 100 rooms and spa to it's hotel. They have already started knocking down (by hand) the property next door. They are not putting in another pool so the one they have is not going big enough to cope with so many guests.

I'm in a quandary what to do now... we have already booked. I don't want to stay next door to a building site nor do I want to fight for a space around the pool.

We stayed at the Puri Raja when the next door property was pulled down and it was unbelievable. As we lounged around the pool we could hear the hammering... the workers sat on the very walls they were knocking down :shock: Then we'd hear an almighty crash as it fell and we all held our breathe... the knocking would start up again and we could all breathe a sigh of relief as it meant no one was hurt. No protection gear, bamboo scaffolding and flip flops on feet.

Cheers Geri
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image