Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Jim, If you are on flight BGH5553 departing Bourgas at 12.50 0n 28th June, you will be calling into East Midlands on way to Gatwick. cheers. Tonyt
We are all ok Tony.

Our flight home on the 28th is BGH 5551 scheduled at 1505 local time. Arrives Gatwick at 1605 local time...phew.

err, mind you, when we get there and are relaxed, full of praise after a lovely holiday,...ya never know.!!!

Wish you'd never told me now....:o) tee hee

regards for info....Jim and Monica.
Jim, I have double checked information available to me. what I said previously still stands.

BGH flight at 1000 to Cardiff
BGH flight to west midlands and Gatwick at 1250
BGH flight to Glasgow at 1740

They are the only flights scheduled that day to uk except a Wizzair W64551 leaving midday,

As per norm, somebody telling a few porkies. chow for now. Tony
Just got an email stating something similar for my EMA flight to Bourgas on July 5th.

Double Touch calling at Gatwick before heading to Bourgas.

Timings look ok on the return 19th July, but having a quick scan through the Balkan site, it seems that nearly all of their Sunday flights have changed.

Annoying that it has come just after I paid the outstanding balance. Managed to get it changed to the Thursday flight out last year, wonder if I could get away with it again.

T.
Tramorak,, your flight on 19th July is direct to east midlands, you should be flight no BGH5553 and departing 0615. wait till you see the flight arrangements for 2016 Tonyt.
Hi Tony and Tramorak.

Just seen our flight numbers from Gatwick to Bourgas have changed now as well. We were BGH5552 and BGH5551

We are now BGH5554 on June 14th going out, and I assume, BGH5553 on June 28th coming home.

According to the Balkan website the outward flight 14/6 from Gatwick to Bourgas is now 17.25pm....eta local time 22.40. No real change there....

The return departure from Bourgas 28/6 is now 12.50pm not 1505pm....but is still scheduled into Gatwick about 1605. Looks like it is calling at EMA first, then onto Gatwick.

We all love Bulgaria and really enjoy our holiday's but we don't need all these flippin changes....
Thanks for that Tonyt.

We have planned to go somewhere different for our main holiday in 2016 before this happened, but this would have made our minds up if we hadn't.

It is a real shame that this happens, as it does put people off.

Effectively we are losing a night as we now arrive at 22:40 as opposed to 15:30, so by the time we have transferred, the day is over. Might still try to change things around a little.
They are changing Hotels now, I sent an email 7 days ago to say a little birdie was informing me my Hotel would not open till 10th instead of 2nd June (I arrive 4th),I did put forward another Hotel if my story was correct. response "WE KNOW NOTHING" guess what, email today, due to low numbers hotel will not be opening on time, I got my request, a superior Hotel where I have stayed before. Tonyt
Tonyt wrote:
Tramorak,, your flight on 19th July is direct to east midlands, you should be flight no BGH5553 and departing 0615. wait till you see the flight arrangements for 2016 Tonyt.

Despite planning something different for 2016, my wife, in her unerringly correct way, has decided she wants to go back. Having looked on the Balkan site, it seems that Thursday flights (EMA) seem relatively similar to this year. My limited research also suggests that the Thursday flight didn't seem to get changed like the double dip Sunday ones.

Can you shed any light on a/ whether the Thursday flights have had changes this year and b/ the flight arrangements you referred to above?

Thanks.

T.
Hi, have not had much cause to check these flights weekly, but did do on a couple of occasions and all seemed to do well. http://www.flightradar24.com can help you to locate. Myself I have given up on Balkan flights from Gatwick (Just 4 this year) I am able to get to Luton for less than £28. rtn and fly any day of my choice to Varna. booking hotel with Booking.com and it all works out cheaper. chow. Tonyt.
Thanks Tony.

Something to look at and see if we can sort anything out.
Got letter yesterday Saturday to let us know flights home from Bourgas has been change As we fly on Friday a bit short notice ,but at least its means we do not have to wait about at the hotel till the afternoon as the flight is now early morning :duh
They are still advertising a Holiday to the Hotel I am staying in. Its late September, yet I leave on its closing day, being 14th Sept. by the way anybody wanting albena next Year, log onto http://www.albena.bg there are 20% discounts available but you arrange you own flights Tonyt
now we ve changed our holidays in bulgaria to winter we dont have that problem, we fly into sofia with easyjet from manchester and then with bulgaria air down to varna, the only problem we had was the return flight varna to sofia was delayed for hours due to fog
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.