Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
we are going to sunny beach on Saturday we got ours last week its usually 10-14 days before have a fab time :sun2
topofthetower wrote:
we are going to sunny beach on Saturday we got ours last week its usually 10-14 days before have a fab time :sun2

That is great. We head out on the 16th so still some time yet.

Thanks.

T.
over the years I have travelled with them, usually 14 days, I go on the 6th June and got mine 22nd May :sun2 :sun2
I've been watching a couple of package holidays for August 2014, and so far the prices haven't changed over the last month. Thomas Cook & Thomson prices seen to change every few days, so I wondered whether it's worth hanging on, to see if the holiday gets cheaper, or if the prices don't fluctuate, I might as well book fairly soon.
If you have not booked do not book with Balkan holidays. Their policy, which they are quite open about, is to cancel filghts if they are not full and hang customers. They have cancelled our flight last week and offered to re book from Gatwick a week later after we paid for Easy jet flights to London they also cancelled that flight. This is the 4th time they have cancelled our flights. They are totally unconcerned about customer service and what about compensation NOT 1 PENNY. We have lost hundreds of pounds through booking flights to London which are now useless. You have been warned Do not fly with them :(
we have been with Balkan 7 times from Manchester and never once had trouble with flights being cancelled and every flight has never been more than 10 mins late either way must be one of the lucky ones we will always choose Balkan x
Had zero problems with them last year. Booked again this year.

I know that they have withdrawn from a couple of Airports recently, but that is an unavoidable issue with the competition for flight slots in various locations.
TINKATINKA wrote:
If you have not booked do not book with Balkan holidays. Their policy, which they are quite open about, is to cancel filghts if they are not full and hang customers. They have cancelled our flight last week and offered to re book from Gatwick a week later after we paid for Easy jet flights to London they also cancelled that flight. This is the 4th time they have cancelled our flights. They are totally unconcerned about customer service and what about compensation NOT 1 PENNY. We have lost hundreds of pounds through booking flights to London which are now useless. You have been warned Do not fly with them :(

Got an email yesterday saying that our flight had been changed from 09:30 departure time (Direct) from East Midlands, to 15:30, flying to Gatwick, then on to Bourgas.

While this wasn't a big deal, we weren't keen on arriving so late. (It was one of the reasons why we have not been to Turkey for a few years). Called customer services and they have switched our flights to a couple of days earlier, which suits us much better.

All of this was done for precisely £0. Changing bookings on flights, hotels and transfers all done without a single admin charge. That to me is great customer service. Don't get me wrong, I would rather they hadn't changed my original flight, but as a relatively small operator, flying from a regional airport, such things are sometimes inevitable. To me what is most important is how they deal with things afterwards and in this case I can't fault Balkan in the slightest.

T.
I too have had an email today, I am very happy, I arrive at 4.25pm instead of 11.15pm,
Got a phone call from Thomas Cook yesterday telling me our flight out from Gatwick had been switched from 6pm to 7pm on June 12th. No real probs with that although it does mean we arrive in Bourgas at around midnight so a later arrival at hotel is a bit of a pain.

Our return flight on June 26th has been moved from 4pm to 4.40pm so no real probs there either. We may even get to have a proper hotel lunch before we leave for the airport.

All I gotta do now is re-schedule our taxi to and from Gatwick. Lucky enough the chap who does this is a good friend and understands the 'Balkan Way' of doing things.

Hope this helps anyone else going out/coming back on our flight...BGH 5552-BGH 5551

Regards Jim
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.