Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi Craghopper
Which hotels are you staying in in Bangkok and Chaweng?
Although I found Chaweng too busy for me there are some great restaurants there.
I just can't remember the name of one of our favourite restaurants( but I'm sure I will eventually) - it was a little up the road on the same side as the Chaweng Regent where we stayed. It is a seafood restaurant- open air and has Thai dancing. Another one we found, which is not so obvious, was Chilli- it is at the top end of Chaweng.
One thing I unexpectedly enjoyed was the Thai Boxing. There is a stadium in Chaweng. I went along to keep husband happy and three hours later he had to drag me away! Great experience!
Hop on a songthaew one day and take a trip to Nathon. The journey itself is reason enough but there is some great little shops in Nathon and the local market is worth a visit- not you'll buy anything there! A songthaew by the way is a sort of open jeep/truck which bench seating which the locals like to use.
If you find the nightlife in Chaweng a little too hectic hop into a taxi and ask for Fishermans Village, about 15 mins away. A really super street of great restuarants and bars. We have twice stayed in nearby Bophut.
Meant to say the journey to Nathon ( which is on the other side of the island ) costs pennies!!
Thanks very much for the tips. They will be very usefull as it is our first visit to Thailand. The hotels we will be staying at are, the Bangkok Palace and the Baan Samuii.
Hi, the Baan Samui is a great little hotel , in central Chaweng and the location on the beach is excellent , I have stayed there twice.
The rooms are a lovely tropical style with cool wooden floors, right next door is an Irish pub named tropical murphys, it is a very busy spot with great meals, I am sure you will enjoy it there, it is surrounded by lots of restaurants and bars, the breakfast is quite good too. shirleyV
shirley
Would you be able to review the Baan Samui for us please?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.