Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Bansko-Q&As
8 Posts
My family was to Bansko last year.My father like it because he is a skior like me and said that tracks are very long which is advantage.The card for the lift was 50 lv,the ski equipment costed between 30-50 lv.
I was in Bansko this September and the wonderful thing Bansko has that Borovets and Pamporova lack is life.

Bansko is a medieval town thriving all year round yet compact enough to retain its town feel. It has that Verbier sort of magic that you cannot describe. It has wonderful views all around and the new developments are mainly grouped on the south side and look very up market and so they are fine.

Skiing they have finest faciliries and more and more off piste experts say it is one of the best in Europe for that.

Stuart

Edit
Stuart, this is the holiday forum, not the expats/owners. This thread is not about buying property therefore I have deleted the off topic part.
You are of course welcome to comment about the resort from a holidaymakers point of view
Fiona ht mod
I hear that Bansko is overdeveloped and one great building site - a sort of inland Sunny Beach in May.

Could be that comparisons with Borovets and Pamporova could be like Sunny Beach to Golden Sands and Albena. It all depends on what you want out of your summer or winter resort.

Peter
I understand where you are coming from Peter. Bansko has building work but it is looking stunning and up market in style and latches on nicely to the wonderful old town.

If you go to Swiss successful resorts of natural beauty they have the gem old town and then new in keeping apartments etc it all works. The land layout of Bansko makes it fine and like in a hand cupped shape.
It all depends on what people want, and what we desperately need are reviews of all the ski resorts and their hotels.

Peter
Hi,

I went over to Bansko at New Year with a group of my pals, what a great snowboarding holiday we had, fantastic!!!

The people were so friendly and the Powder was great! Ideal for snowboarding!

We are going back this New Year and intend to have an even better time that before!

Oh, fell so much in love with the place that we have bought a flat!

Mark.
Hi,

I'm going to Bansko tomorrow for a few days, I'll gladly post a report on my hotel etc,

Cheers,

LeeS.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.