Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I'm just read some reviews of the Oceana where it is mentioned that a pint is £2.80 and a G&T with Bombay Sapphire is £3.60. Have a read through some of our reviews and you might find other prices mentioned.

Of the two, I would choose RCI over P&O. The drinks may be a bit more expensive, but I think it would be a better cruising experience. P&O was just OK and you want more than just OK when you are spending that kind of money.

luci :wave
or you could try thomsons ships :cheers and abuse the all inclusive :cheers
Another thumbs up here for thomsons and the all inclusive package :tup
sorry i should have mentioned it, im a wheelchair user and thomson wont allow electric wheelchairs on there ships

i was told that it was over a fiver for a pint and the cheapest bottle of wine was £30
P&O are similar to UK pub prices and include bar staff tips in the price. RCI are more expensive and add 15% to each bar bill to cover bar staff tips.

There should be no horrors when you get the bill - prices of drinks aren't a secret.
I was looking into this myself a few days ago and found nice little resource. thought I'd psot it ehre rather than making a new thread.

http://www.us.cruise.co/tailor-made-cruise-holidays/drinks-prices/
Here are bar prices.
http://travel.webshots.com/album/559018541CiiBCu
Drink of the day with a souvenir glass is usually $6.25.
Three of RCCL's ships based in Europe have the all inclusive deal at present - which ship are you planning
on taking?
Thanks for that link Shane, however, I booked my holiday on line. I was given the option to buy a drinks package for our party for £450 per week, which I thought was a tad expensive as we are not big drinkers. Are there other packages available on board?
The AI choice on the Island Escape is very poor. They are definitely cutting back on what's included. I expect the other Thomson ships are the same. Alot of the iced based cocktails are no longer included. We used to be able to get coffee and hot chocolate too.Not any more. :cry
We did a P&O cruise last year and bar prices were about the same as UK pub prices. Unlike the Warners break I had last week on the Isle of Wight where bar prices were about 70% above pub prices!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.