Greece - Rhodes Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Rhodes.
bar prices
5 Posts
Hi wal,

Hard to say if that will be enough as your holiday is probably quite a different one to mine. I personally spend about 70€ a day but that's eating out lunch and dinner, sunbed on the beach (which I think are free at LV) and then drinking all night until about 5-6... something I can't imagine you doing with 2 kids!

Drink prices vary a bit but a large beer is anything from 2.50 to 4€, wine about 2.50 a glass and spirit and mixer around 5€.

What I'd probably say is take the 1400€ as planned and either some sterling to change over there or a debit card (there are a few exchange offices and a couple of ATMs in Lindos). That way you've got a back up but won't be coming home with a wallet full of euros you need to change back.
thanks for that
im guessing that you have been already this year then ? the prices you said and pretty much the same as i was paying last year in crete
but like i said im half board and wont be eating out so the money that i take will be just for drinks and ice lollys for the kids and may be the odd taxi and bus ride so if those are the prices of drinks in lindos then i think i will be ok
i was thinking it was going to be very expensive i was thinking along the lines of 5 euros a beer or more . im led to belive its a very expensive place to go
but thanks for letting me know .. cheers
I returned from Zakinthos a couple of weeks back, prices for local produce was very similar to what its been over the last 3 years, imported goods and branded booze was higher as was ciggies and tobacco , as the hotels usually use local produce in the kitchen there were no signs of shortages

yasus
wizard
Yes that's this year's prices. I don't think they've increased at all over the last couple of years and with the better exchange rate, you're getting even more for your money! I've been visiting Lindos for about 20 years now and have never understood people saying it's expensive, as you say similar to Crete and other islands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.