Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Thanks, Sue! Have since been told I'll see them all over the place when we do the bus tour! Lots of them to be seen foraging in the grass in the parks too, apparently. You can be sure I'll be looking in the palm trees :)
Had such a great trip! Kept our destination a secret right to the Easyjet boarding gate!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/flipflopip/sets/72157631519697681/

We were there when the Catalan independence rally was taking place, on Tuesday. Very exciting being caught-up literally in the thick of it!

Saw and heard loads of Quaker parrots!

Also saw the Queen Mary 2 in the harbour.

Highly recommend the Hotel Denit as a base from which to explore the city. It's a three minute walk from the Plaza de Catalunya, where the Aerobus, tourist buses and city buses all stop. Perfect location.

We're going to go for a longer trip and with more of the family (this time was just my mum and I, next time Tasha and my sister also want to come) year after next. I'm almost certainly going to go for a couple of nights next June, on my own. It's the kind of city you feel perfectly comfortable visiting alone. I really did fall in love with the place :)
Brilliant pics there, Pippy!! You look like you packed a lot in, so glad you loved the city :cheers
Excellent! We will be there in 4 weeks and really looking forward to going back. I doubt we will visit Las Ramblas as we have done it to death. I am toying with the idea of going to the zoo, even though I don't agree with zoos and haven't been to one in years, but it is supposed to be very good.

luci :wave
Lovely photos Pippy. Think my favourites were the food and drink shots .

xxxx
Packed so much in, in terms of seeing the city! Also did a fair amount of walking. Would definitely do the tour bus again, only next time I'll do both routes.

I was amazed at the beaches! Only saw them from the top of the tour bus but could see they were as good as any beach I've ever been on! Next time I shall definitely have a day on one of those beaches :)

Luci, I'd be interested to see any pics you take at the zoo, to help me decide if it's a place I could visit! I can't cope with seeing animals kept in poor conditions so a few pics would help me make my mind up!

Doe, did you see the one of me with a whole jug of sangria (a small pic as taken on my mobile)?! Was only for the benefit of the photo, obviously :D :cheers
Yes did see you with the whole jug of sangria :cheers looking very happy. Great photo I wondered why it was smaller than t'others.

Doe :sun2
We only have one and a half days in Barcelona at the end of January. What would people say are the 'must sees' ?
I would suggest the Hop On Hop Off bus which passes not far from your hotel (4 Barcelona?). Bus Turistic has 3 routes which pretty much cover everything. Your hotel may have discounted tickets

http://www.barcelonabusturistic.cat/web/guest/home
I agree too. The main line may take a couple of days to go round as there is so much to see. The other 2 were also good but you can cover most of the important stops in less than a day. I found I like architecture here. Loved Guadi's work. A must see is Casa Battlo- get there early to avoid big queues.
We loved Casa Mila and have been a couple of times.
Please help......! All and any advice from all you Barcelona experts out there would be most appreciated. I'm arranging a friends 50th birthday trip to Barcelona in March 2014, there will be 6/7 of us going, and I've been looking at apartments on airbnb, however they do take full payment upfront........ Not sure whether we'd be better off in an apartment or hotel. So if anyone has any recommendations or can share experiences I'd really appreciate it.

Would also like to find a fabulous restaurant for one evening, it doesn't have to be expensive, just great food and atmosphere.

Thanks in advance.
Update on my earlier post, now booked for a long weekend in Barcelona, got a good package deal with BA from LHR and think I know the company that we'll book with for an airport transfer.

Just need to sort out a good restaurant for my friends 50th dinner, any suggestions on where to eat, and whether we should book particular sightseeing tours etc., would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Cannot WAIT to return to this beautiful city. We arrive mid-morning on Monday and, this time, we are staying for four nights, flying home late Friday night.

After much research, I booked this hotel, reviews for which are mainly good.

http://www.hotel-lleo.com/

Its location (right next to the Plaza Catalunya) is mainly what clinched it for me. We'll have public transport, the tourist buses and the Aerobus within a two minute walk.
looks like a lovely hotel. We have been once to Barcelona and loved it :)
Fiona HT Mod wrote:
looks like a lovely hotel. We have been once to Barcelona and loved it :)

Thoroughly enjoyed every moment.

If someone would like to add the hotel to the reviews database, I'll post a review.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.