Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
Just back from a week in Barcelona, & like last year had a great time.

Weather was mild & sunny pretty much every day. First couple of nights were a bit chilly, but they got milder as the week went on.

One thing we did notice was that there appearred to be a lot less people about this New Year compared to last. No idea why?

We visited Terragona for a day, which is only 1hr 20mins away by train, & I would recommend it to anyone who has the time to spare. Three hour is about enough time to take you round the sights.
Hello

I am off to Barcelona with my partner on the 26th of january.

I wonder if anyone can tell me what the weather is like at this time and also if anyone can tell me what this hotel is like if anyone has stayed here or not?

Hotel front Martim.

Thank you

Amy
Am off to Barcelona on 12th May for 3 nights.
Will be 12 girlies (not a hen weekend!) - have found fab apartment in Barrio Gotico- very reasonable.
I believe its Grand Prix weekend whilst we are there which we hadnt realised.
Know about being aware of pickpockets, some of the restaurants in Las Ramblas ripping you off etc.

Is there any restaurants in that area that can be recommended- especially for a group of 12 people?

Any other info gratefully received!

Thanks!
Hazel
Hi Hazel

Yes, it will be the weekend of the SPANISH GRAND PRIX, you'll find information regarding that in my highlighted text.

As the current F1 world champion is Spanish, expect the city to be absolutely packed!

Pippy :D
Oh no!
We arent even Grand Prix fans!
Some of my friends are pleased at the prospect of more men about the place!
Thanks for the info

Hazel
Amy2005 said:

Hello

I am off to Barcelona with my partner on the 26th of january.

We'll be there at the same time as you then. I'll give you a wave if I see you.
Hazel we went to Barcelona for 5 days in 2004 and we went to race day on the Sunday. Let me tell you, Alonso's fans went ballistic then and now he's world champion they'll be even worse. It will be packed but we had a great time and if come across any fans you'll find them really friendly.

P.S - don't get Pippy and I started on F1!!
just booked this hotel.for 3 nights in march.has anybody stayed here before.or anybody have any info cheers :?:
sorry hotel auto hogar.
Hi

I'll request this hotel be added to the reviews section. You'll find some info HERE and HERE.

5 minute response :D .fantastic. :D thank you
You're very welcome!

We actually already have the hotel listed in our reviews section HERE :oops: :D
It's an old review though so if anyone can assist by posting a more recent one, please do so on the above link.

Many Thanks.

Just booked for May for the hotel Principal? Anyone stayed there please?
We're off in the morning for a five day break. Flying from Bristol and staying at the Hotel Colon next to the Gothic Cathedral.

I'm sooo excited I can't sleep mummy. :lol:

I'll report back next week and post some pics up.
hotel auto hogar.

Just added my review, if you just want somewhere to kip after a hard day and evening, it is ideal.

If you like a bit of luxury, it isnt.

I forgot in my report, there is an internet connection in reception at a fairly reasonable cost.
cheers 7eric7.the place sounds ideal for wot we want.it's only for 3 nights.we be out most of the time.
Can anyone tell me where to find cheapest B&H ciggies in Barcelona. What kind of price would you expect to pay, in this city?
Best place we find for buying cigarettes in Barcelona is shop Called Gimeno on Las Ramblas, on left as you face towards the sea with Placa Catalunya behind you. They have large stocks of English cigarettes and the price last time we were there was 28 euros/20 pack. Will be there next weekend stocking up so hope the price is still about the same.
Got back this evening and wasn't too impressed. Mainly due to the poor weather and the wife getting her purse nicked. :evil:

I'll give more detail tomorrow.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.