Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Does anyone know the best and cheapest ways to:

Get from Barcelona Main Airport to Plaza del Catalunya

From Barcelona Port to Salou

From Salou to Barcelona Airport

Many thanks

Nina
We were thinking of taking a train from Barcelona (is there a station near the Port) to Salou but I can put in the station we leave from i.e. Bacelona but cannot find Salou on destination list. I can find Tarragona.

Please can someone let me know what destination station we should use for Salou.

Regards

Nina
Hi Nina.

If you go to the website http://www.renfe.com/index.html and click on "Welcome" to get it in English, then where it says "Can't find your station" click on "Find all stations". Select Barcelona and then when it shows all destinations, click on Salou. It will then show you a timetable. The route seems to end in Tortosa.

Your other questions are best answered here: http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/airport/barcelona-airport.html#transfer

Cheers,

Jock.
Thank you for the link as it is very helpful but worried about looking for times of trains from Salou.

I click on the list but Salou is not on it. What is the name of the station as I can see Tarragona and other towns but no Salou!

Luckily we will be going to the airport rather than coming from it so by that time someone at the hotel or information bureau will be able to tell us the times.
You could also go to barcelona by bus which will pick you up and drop you neer your hotel. go to bus plana website, then click translate for all the information.
Staying in Hotel Calypso, can someone please tell me best way to Barcelona from Salou want to see main sites and tour of staduim
I would take the train from Salou to Barcelona, the station is in the old part of Salou and easy to find just back from the promenade. The trains run frequently and are very modern and will take just an hour and a half to get there.

The train takes you straight in to Barcelona close to the the Ramblas, be VERY aware of pick pockets in Barcelona.

This website give you times etc, 1/2 way down page is a link for the Salou - Barcelona train times.
http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/transport/transfer-barcelona-salou.html

There is alot of good information via there homepage http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/
We took the train from Salou to Barcelona which was quick and cheap. When we came out of the train station at Barcelona the Hop On Hop Off bus was outside so we jumped on that, the Bus Turistica. It's not cheap, but for a first time visit it is ideal as you can cover all the major sites easily.

You get a booklet with money off coupons for places such as the Nou Camp with your bus ticket.

luci :wave
Another option is to use the local Plana Buses which have several stops in Salou, again modern comfortable and on time :tup

This website give good info not just on the buses but on Salou also -
http://www.salouholiday.co.uk/salou-bus-timetables.html

On the right under Bus Timetables scroll down until you find Bus timetables from Salou, click on that link.

On the next page under 43 results found on the right scroll down until you find Salou - Barcelona and click it, this then opens a new window with both the bus stop locations and the schedule.

In the schedule use the 2nd set of times (TEMPORADA ALTA: DEL 2 DE MAIG A 1 DE NOVEMBER) which is the high season up to the 1st of November.

Just incase you need a bit of help with the headings -

SORTIDES DE SALOU / SORTIDES DE BARCELONA are the departure times from Salou & Barcelona

DE DILLUNS A DIVENDRES (FEINERS) Monday to Friday times (in white)

DISSABTES FEINERS I FESTIUS Saturdays and public holidays (in blue)

DIUMENGES Sundays (in green)

Graham
hi...we used the tours you can book from the plana ticket booth on the beach...its roughly opposite mcdonalds....it was very reasonable price wise....good tour guide on who gives loads of interesting info...trip to stadium included...and choices as to what else you would like to do...ie dancing fountains...guides often have a deal going on with a resturant and canget you discounted meals....we did loads of these trips over the years.....safer option if you are nervous ....tweetie
Thanks Tweetie, think will go with the bus tour now wondering if should change money here or use cash card heard a lot about fake euros
I have been told that there is also a station near Port Adventura, which is easier to get to / from the Salou town centre.

I do not know if this is correct, so can somebody please advise, and also tell me where the station is, as I am hoping to come out in October and was going to look for it

Many thanks
Yes there is, you can virtually see it if you are staying in somewhere like the El Paso hotel.

If you go into any of the on-site hotels the staff will explain how to walk to it. Its a long time since I have been so cant remember it well enough to give specific walking directions, but when we went to Barcelona for the day and were staying on site, we used it. More time efficient than going into Salou proper to get the train if you are at PA.
Well we booked tickets from plana bus booth by mcdonalds at the beach

It was a brilliant day, we did camp nou and 3 hours in barca shopping, tour guide was brilliant pointed everything out on the way

Price was a lot cheaper than tour rep
we are going to the hotel vi lla romana on june 11th how far is the train station from there ?
Hi Brian :welcome to the forums.

From what I've read it's about 20mins walk & the train takes approximately 1hr 30mins to Barcelona.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.