Spain - Costa Dorada Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Dorada.
Serena I'm so sorry about what it happened... u were unlucky There are 2 sort of wagons and u got the "bad ones" there are some with automatic doors (2) where are almost at the same hight than floor and in some stops like passeig de gracia (in barcelona too) u have access for disabled.
we went to Barcelona on saturday , we were going to book it with our tour operator rep but thankfully his machine wasnt working , because it would have cost us 50 euro each , so for me hubby and 12 year old son , would have come to 150 euro , someone told us if we went with plana bus it would be cheaper , so we went to the bus , and booked 2 adult and one child ticket for football stadium and the fountains and it cost us just 80 euro , massive difference !! this was from La pineda

anyway we had a wonderful day , apart from the fountains not playing any music :que :cry i was so looking forward to that bit , ( an excuse to go back one day ;) )

the nou camp is AMAZING !!!!!!!! we loved it , we loved la ramblas too , great fun with the statues etc ,

highly recommend Barcelona as a day out :)
80 euro for 3? Looks very expensive... from tarragona with plana I paid arround 6 euro single trip... with train from salou would be arround 12 or 13 euro round trip.

Hope you had a good day :)
thin the 80euro one is the one includes the tour....the 6 euro one will be just the fare from a to b....its worth the extra for the tour as you get lots of information from the guide....and will see a lot more than just getting bus into Barcelona.....the places of intrest are well spread out....and it would be a real rush trying to get round them all in the time you have before you need get bus back....and there will be fares to pay between them as well.....they usually give you time in the ramblers in the centre of town....they say go look at biggest dept store in europe.....but give it a miss....waste of time....expensive and boring....and wastes time you would have enjoyed on the ramblers
If it includes the tour then is quite cheap... as touristic barcelona bus is arround 20 euro per person :)
the cost of the metro in barcelona is 1.35 euro for each line, irrespective of how many
stops to your destination.
yes , that included the guide , (she was great , her English was fab and she was really friendly) plus the Nou Camp tour , then the drive into Barcelona city for free time , then the drive to the fountains , it was WELL worth 80 euros :tup
Where can you book the Barcelona Tour with the 'plana' company? Can you do it through your hotel reception?

How much per adult would the tour be and what does this include? Also how long is it?

Thanks!
I can only reply how long does it take.. from salou to barcelona by bus can be a bit more than 1 hour.

Have a nice day in barcelona
:wave: there's a little office on the seafront where you can buy the tickets and pick up the bus aswell.not sure how much, it was 29 euros two years ago, not sure now.maybe there's a website you can check out.think it takes 1.30 hours.my husband and son booked through the rep and it was about 60 euros for both and they got the nou camp stadium,las ramblas,along the marina and i think the olympic stadium too.went after breakfast and got back about 7 or 8.
Hi Beermat,

Thanks for your reply. Were doing it DIY so we don't have a rep so hopefully no one else will rip us off!

We had thought of just going on the train but i suppose this way your taken to the best spots around Barcelona so I can get a good look at everything!
Hi - just booked to go to salou for a week 16 - 23 October. Hoping to go to barcelona as well.
We have two boys who would love to go to Nou camp. We can go and do the tour but to see a match would be brilliant. There is a Champions League game on the tuesday night - only thing is it starts at 8.45 pm - so would not be finished and out of the stadium until about 11.00 pm - anyone familiar with transport in the area who could tell me whether there would be a way back to Salou at that time of night?
skyegal , you will not be able to get any public transport back from the nou camp at that time of night, i know the brisasol shop just off placa europa and the h 10 hotel oppisite the cye apartments, were offering tickets and transport to and from a champions league game at the nou camp for 90 euros, hope this helps
Thanks for that Bootle. we go out on Friday so have decided to check with our hotel when we there and see if they are offering a similar thing. If not we will just go in one day with the boys and do the tour of Nou Camp instead. Just that the match would have been the icing on the cake. Looking forward to our holiday.
Last time we went we got the local bus and had a great day out doing the football ground/ fountains etc but this time I think we want to go our own way and not be set to a time so was wondering is it fairly easy to just hop on a train in Salou straight to Barca? We really just want a look around the Ramblas and My wife and daughter want to look at some unfinished buildingy thing!!! :) Is it fairly easy to get the train back of an evening?
Do the shops have a siesta?
Anyone any clue on the price?

ta
hi chivas69....the unfinnished building thing is the "sacre familia" churchof the sacred family....was began by Gaudi who has also built some quirky but beautiful buildings in Barcelona....there is a sad story about how Gaudi planned and was building this church....it was so complicated and how it was to be built was only truely understood by himself...he was a very talented architech as well as an artist....he hated being recognised and though very well off he dressed as a tramp when he ventured out ...one day he was hit by a veichel of the time on the road and badly injured....dressed as a tramp he was seen as worthless and was dragged and left at the side of the road ....he laid there for days...where he died from injuries that could have been treated had he been taken to a hospital..

After his death they tried to follow his plans for the church....but they were too advanced for even the best builders ect at the time...but they kept trying....work was very slow....in rememberence of gaudi architechs and engineers have given there time free since ...endevouring to complete the church as close to his plans as possible...even these days with all the modern techniques work is slow....they have been working on it for over 100yrs now...and there is still a long way to go.....they collect donations for the materials they need...and sell things

It is very beautiful and once seen envokes thought for long after.....there are stark contrasts in the design on all sides of the church....each depicting a time in the life of christ....

I made myself a promise to return in my late years to see how far it has proggressed as it wont be finnished in my lifetime

Back to your question....yes very easy to get train to barcelona from salou.....station in the old part of salou....about 20mins walk on the back road from outside the La Siesta camp site....or a few minutes on the bus from outside Mcdonalds.....tweetie
Thanks Tweetie, we're staying at the Golden Avenida Apps. Do you know if this is close to the station?
hi chivas....dont know where your hotel is in salou....its been 5yrs now since Ive been...looked on a google map and things look a bit different ...but am not good with maps.....the place they now lable the station was just a raised platform when I stayed on the sanguli caravan site...we had to cross the line which was just over the road from the site to go the beach....and could see the platform from there.....what I remember as the station was futher in the opposite direction in the old town...I used to cross the line just before it when going to the big supermarket ...and seen the trains stop and people getting on and off...but maybe they have moved it...heard there has been a lot of changes and redevelopment in salou since I was last there....we spent many years going to the camping la siesta site...but they stoped taking bookings a few yrs ago as was being redeveloped...the same firm used sanguli site but this year is going to be the last year there too...tweetie
Very easy to get the train from Salou to Barcelona. Takes about 1-1.5 hours and cheap. The hop on hop off bus stops at the train station or it is easy to use the Metro.

Check the times of the last train as I don't think they run very late.

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.