Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Prices I paid for same drinks for myself and the wife varied from 5.50 at the Pleasant Plucker (3.50for same drinks before 8pm), to 8.50 at the Bayview for a pint of local lager and a local vodka and mixer.
In 2008 we saw a great act at Murphy's Bar, (next to Wigan Pier in Playa de las Americas). It was a duo - keyboard and guitar/vocal. The keyboard player was missing on our second visit due to an injury. The guitar player is the only one I know who can play Duelling Banjos on his own.
Unfortunately the act had gone from Murphy's when we last visited. Does anyone know the act and their whereabouts please?
Been to Tenerife a few times over the years. Someone has told me that one of the fellas that used to be in a drag act called Bitter and Twisted has moved to a bar in Puerto De La Cruz. If his act is as good as people have told me would love to see it. Have never stayed in the north. Can anyone give me directions to the bar-thinks it is called Majestic. Any recommendations for accommodation also appreciated. Bring on the sun 2010 :wave:
Hi Sweet Pea .. if you Google the name of the bar, you will find that it has its own website with map, directions, etc.

David :wave
Thanks for that info David. Found the website. Any recommendations of where to stay would be welcome from anyone.
Hi Sweet Pea ... it might be best to post in a separate topic with your accommodation preferences or requirements, as your enquiry could be overlooked here in the Bars & Clubs topic.

I've not been to Tenerife for a couple of years and can't find any current info on the famous Soul Suite. Like many people I've enjoyed some good nights there and wondered if it's still open and just as good?
Welcome to the forums Mike. I personally don't know anything about the Soul Suite, hopefully one of the Tenerife regulars may come along with some info for you.

But I can see that the last time it was mentioned in this topic was July 2008, when it was reported that Joe had moved on and was opening a new club ... click here to go to that post.

Mike:
Joe sold the Soul Suite to an English woman a while back, it's still going strong.
He has his own club now, called Divine Soul (underneath the Tenerife Sol hotel). You'll have to try it -a great night out!
Thanks for the info that's much appreciated. I'll definitely have a look in Joes new place and it'll be interesting to see how the soul suite is now too. Thanks again.
Does anyone know if Dave the rev is still at the news cafe, as im going out in feb to surprise him as I have not seen him for 5 or more years..and if he is, is he there every night?
thanks ;)
anyone know a nice bar that will be showing the rugby international games....namely Wales v France on Fri 26th Feb....preferably not one full of lager louts and ideally with a big screen
Bar called Krackatenerife, Los Christianos. Near to Club Tenerife. Live acts each night. Very talented and great fun
I know most places will show Man Utd games but is there a pub in LC/LA that is a sort of meeting place for Man Utd fans when a game is on.
I will be over next WEEK when they play 2 games
Can anyone recommend any bars with entertainment in the Torviscas Alto area. Were staying at the Club Paradise, and apparently there's not much in the immediate area. Any recomemendations of places to eat also would be a great help. We have to young children so posh restaurants are out of the question.

Maxine
Hi stella7
We ended up stranded in Laguna Park 2 for 8 days during the Volcanic ash business (because it was cheap) & had some excellent meals at Hemmingways opposite the old Aqua Park. They do a meal with a pint for 5 euro, & Sunday Lunch was excellent 2 courses for about 8 euro.
Hi, trying to find details on the brewers arms Torviscas, has anyone visited it recently and what do they think
thanks in anticipation
North and South pub

Does anyone know if this pub is still open? It is opposite the La Vista beach. Web link does not appear to be working. We spent many a night in this pub last year and we are returning in 4 weeks time and would hope it was still open. All the staff were very friendly. I will be very disappointed if it has closed as many of the pubs were closing down last year due to the poor tourist trade. It is a shame but fingers crossed it is still open.
Hi we are coming to Tenerife on 7th July does anybody know if Max Perry still performes his Queen Tribute Show anywhere in Los Cristianos?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.