Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
There's a new Weslife tribute band in Morgans, don't know if they're good 'cause haven't been to see them ( Sunday was their first night) Dave and Will from words and music, Johnny from tribute to swing (Jokers and also karaoke at the New Yorker) and seemingly an Irish guy who we don't know, are the members.
Words and Music are still doing spots together though :)
Six weeks today we will land in Alicante - I can't wait!!!!! :lol:

I am looking for suggestions for a "pub crawl" route for

A) The old town
b) The Sea Front Promenade.

Please bare in mind we are mid thirty somethings who like warm hospitible bars and are patial to the odd decent caberet act.

Suggestions please.
We go to Benidorm 6 weeks today too!!

Cant wait - can anyone recommend some places to go - we like soul/northern soul & motown.

Looking forward to some sunshine - just want to chill out during the day and at night go for some nice meals and then a few drinks & some decent entertainment.

Carmel :wave
if you can find your way to Morgans Tavern on Calle Gerona when we were there in april there was a great group on there called the Soul Family also look out for Wesley Phillips at various clubs he does all motown
Neil Ross is on at Midnight each evening at the Talk of the Coast, after the Mad Maori and before Moff.

I saw his show 3 times during my holiday from which I'm just back and he is an amazing singer and a lovely person to talk to.

Iain
three years ago my wife (girlfriend at the time until I proposed while we were away) and I had a brilliant time in Benidorm. Much of that time was spent in the Wooky Hollow bar. We loved the staff, atmosphere and the entretainment at night was superb. I believe this bar is now unde new manegement, has much/anything changed? Is it is still a Liverpool bar?
Neil Ross is on at Midnight each evening at the Talk of the Coast, after the Mad Maori and before Moff.

I agree Neil Ross is really good, im going on Thursdayand will certainly be seeing his act 2 or 3 times. Is Moff back at the Talk of the Coast as well now then. He used to be there and then moved to the UK Bar under the Presidente Hotel. Someone told me Johnny Kalendar was at the Talk of the Coast as well now?

Best Regards - Taggy :)
PS - Iain ive sent you a pm.
Taggy

Moff plays Talk of the Coast every night at 01:15, he plays Cafe Benidorm some nights at 10:45 and is also part of an act called The Rockman and Her (Christina Rae) who play the Western Saloon some evenings at 10pm. They do songs by acts like Europe, Free, Rainbow, Fleetwood Mac etc and as you would expect a couple of Queen songs as well. I found it a good show to watch but they are very loud for that establishment.

I never saw anyone called Johhny Kalendar listed on the boards for Talk of the Coast.

Cheers

Iain
Thanks Iain...I quite like Moff too and am glad he's back at the Talk of The Coast, i prefer it to UK Bar. I can well imagine them being very loud in the Western Saloon, thats a pub i also like. Moff also used to do a double act with the chap from The Maxx, they were called Statuz Quo. He looked wierd in a curly blond wig!!! :lol:

We are going out in 6 weeks too, but will have our 10 year old grandson with us. We are young at heart though, and looking for good entertainment, but suitable for kids. Any recommendations for child friendly places in the evenings? (never been to Benidorm and looking forward to it)
Hey Taggy, Mark (Elvis) and his wife are coming into our work tonight so I'll let you know if he's still working at Tommy's. By the way the weather here has turned really hot again we're melting LOL
Eve
Cheers for that Eve, I was just about to pm you for a weather update! Bring on the Sun!!! Yeh if you can let me know if he's still doing Tommys, im getting my itenerary nicely planned now!! :lol:

D Gib8

The Wooky on Calle Gerona has been taken over and day by day it's becoming less of a Liverpool bar. The Wooky 2 is much better and Carol & Brian still own that. One of the acts (John Wardale) has taken a 5 year lease on the Wooky 1 but it will be back with Carol & Brian in 3 years time when hopefully the original acts will return but for the time being Freddie Joyce and Leah are working across the road in the bar that was called Carriages (I think??). Ian Robinson who used to work there is now in the Showaddywaddy tribute band in one of the bigger venues.

As you probably guessed I am (was) a big Wooky fan :lol:
In Beni at the mo and saw Johnny Kalendar listed as the last act at Talk of the Coast yesterday.

luci :wave
Hi, havent been to Benidorm for a couple of years and was after some suggestions for the best place to watch the England match next Saturday, fly over on Thursday and am staying in the Old Town so wont have much time to look around before Saturday. Quite happy to get taxis so if the best places will be in the new town we'll head over there.

Thanks
Max
You could go to the Beer Barrel Pub which is part of the Queens hotel. Large flat screen TV's, but quite pricey beer IMHO.

There is also the Stretford End, Poniente, near the Jaime 1, and Sherry's right near the point. They nearly always have sports on TV.

I'm not a big sports fan so someone else will probably have much better suggestions for you.
Linekers or Champions in the square for the England games
picaddily bar one on ave medditerrano one near indoor market 1 euro a pint for san miguel 2.20 euros for john smiths large screen tvs cheap places to drown ones sorrows :D hehe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.