Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
900 applications, 336 shacks :think think there might be some big back handers going on ;)
leaving for Goa today,for our long stay, lets hope they change there minds on shacks on northern beaches as we use mandrem a lot.
when will they learn its peoples livelihoods they are dealing with.
all they have to do is stop adding more shacks all the time.
Aren't the shacks at Morjim & Mandrem all on private land behind the beach anyway?

Baga's going to look a little odd with no shacks though - back to '92 style - can;t see it happening myself.
As far as Baga is concerned I would imagine the ban will be at the far corner where the river comes down as there was quite severe eroision there a couple of months ago,. and the shacks there were erected very close to the high water mark As far as the usual malarky with the licences, it would'nt surprise me in the least if they are still messing about when we arrive on the 27th Nov. Just another reason we've decided to give up on Goa after this year.
Alan
I've never known of the licence issues to be sorted for the start of the season. Usually seems to be end of Novemeber earliest. Ditto for electric hook up to the shacks.

Lots build their shacks without the licence though.

Lots put in multiple applications for the allocation lottery too!

Guess we'll see
Shack licenses have been given out, so hopefully when the rain stops they will start building for the coming season. :think :cheers :cheers
There hasn't been any rain here for over 3 weeks,so they could start building ths shacks straight away.However the north east monsoon trough hasn't cleared Goa yet, so more rain will probably be on the way soon.

John
Does anyone know if Bobby's shack is still about?
"708 lots drawn for 230 slots along beaches of North Goa."
Theres gona be a lot of very unhappy people this season :think
They dont give out the lucky winners names,so will have to wait till next week i think :sun2
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.