Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
towels
24 Posts
Just returned this morning (landed at 12:05am). I can confirm they do supply towels in your rooms (we found there were plenty and we were a family of four). Also you each get a towel card which you exchange for towels on the beaches and pool area.

Top tip! If you are going to the Rhiana Sea Beach (by the free, white, shuttle bus) then take the towels you get from the Lagoon or the pool area. Don't use the ones they give out there as they are HAND TOWELS!!! The ones you get within the hotel grounds are beach towels (the yellow and white ones). Don't take towels from your room.

The lagoon is okay. The best thing about it is the convenience as it's right near the restaurant area. Wasn't crowded either. Mangroovy beach is NOT free to those from the Rhiana Resort - only those who are in the Ocean View. The Rhiana owned beach is the Rhiana Sea Beach, which frankly I didn't like very much and was a bit inconvenient with the transport only running once an hour.

Just to let you know that the Sunset Pool area is closed for renovation (you don't hear any building work, nor can you see any of it at all). So you'll only have access to the two pools instead of the three. However, none are that busy and I actually quite liked the Rhiana Inn Pool. There's a great sectioned off area for young children too.
Thats disappointing - we understood that the Mangroovy beach had a bar which was all inclusive to riahana guest, except for alchohol? So they dont have beds there either AI? Mmm....
They do have beds there, and an all inclusive bar and quite a nice area to eat under, bbq, that kind of thing - it's just not the Mangroovy beach (it's a little way further along from Mangroovy). Don't get me wrong, it's not an awful beach or anything like that and the good thing is that it wasn't at all crowded and you can walk out about 1/2 a mile into the sea without the water coming above your ankles and knees (great for kids) and then you meet the deeper - very blue - water :)
Just remember to take the beach towels from the hotel as opposed to those on the beach which are tiny.

[Edit] Just added hotel and resort reviews for those interested.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.