Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
:yikes

What a horrible story.

flammingstar wrote:
...I am also considering making a complaint to ABTA or ATOL as surely they have guidelines they have to follow and they can not just do as they please?

You definatly should make a compaint, companies like this cannot be allowed to continue 'trading', it gives all travel companies a bad name.
You are just booking through a meta-search engine site.

Why did you book through an obscure on-line travel agent ? If you had googled them you would have seen loads of the usual complaints you get with shonky OTA's.

They aren't doing anything you can't do yourself, and do a lot more accurately yourself i.e. book a flight, book a hotel, book a transfer/car hire.

I would be concerned that they will come after the money for the holiday you have booked, particularly if they have already booked and paid for your flight with someone like Ryanair or Easyjet as they will already have handed over money to that party.

Although the fact that they called to tell you that the flight price had gone up, may mean (fingers crossed for you) that they didn't actually hand the money over.

Presumably you read the terms and conditions before you ticked the box agreeing to them ?

http://www.beatthebrochure.com/bookingconditions.aspx

I don't know what you think ABTA will do , as beat the brochure have operated in line with their published terms and conditions.
BCake wrote:
:yikes

What a horrible story.

flammingstar wrote:
...I am also considering making a complaint to ABTA or ATOL as surely they have guidelines they have to follow and they can not just do as they please?

You definatly should make a compaint, companies like this cannot be allowed to continue 'trading', it gives all travel companies a bad name.

Abta won't do anything for 2 reaons,
1. They trade as per their terms and conditions, and no differently to most OTAs.
2. They're not members of Abta.

There is no organisation named Atol to complain to. Atol is a licence, and covers only for financial failure for certain elements of the booking.

Their terms and conditions are quite clear, so everyone should be well aware of how they book, and what you are booking. It is not the agents fault if people choose not to read them before saying they have, and that they accept them.
I've used Beat the Brochure a couple of times in the past. i've never had a problem with them. Even when we needed to change a holiday due to personal problems they did it cheaply and without any fuss. The worse thing I could say about them is they take ages to send the confirmation emails through but other than that no problems at all and really good prices.
Just put my holiday details in for a trip I gave booked for next year and the cost is around the same as my booking with Jet2, except with Jet2 I have paid a £60 deposit. Beatthebrouchure want over £360. Big banner at the top of the page would put me off straight away - prices are live and can change.
I know you post was over 3 years ago---but I was travelling with them then too. I have been long haul--for 6 years with them and the rooms I have had have always been the best and VERY good prices. I was looking to book again with them when I saw your post on this site, so thought I would let you know my experience. Have not been short haul so it maybe a different story, and I am looking at short haul this time round with the family. Sorry you had such a bad experience--but I always had good ones.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.