Other Destinations Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in other destinations. Inc Brazil, Australia, New Zealand.
Belize
7 Posts
Hi Fiona...

My hubby is a frequent visitor to Belize, and tells me, its not expensive once you are there, unless you go on some of the trips (with TO's). Currency is in Belizean dollars, which is about 4 to the £. or you can pay in US$. (2 B$= $1US) You can visit the ruins: chetumal. There is another one too, but he forgets the name at present! The belizean zoo is apparently a good day out, especially if you can get a tour behind the scenes (ask a member of staff for this).
A trip to the keys is a must. You can go swimming with sharks and rays! And there's deep sea fishing, diving etc There is a big shopping area in Belize city which has got lots of tourist shops too.

He says by now Belize will be filling up with tourists, especially americans. so just to be aware!
Hope this helps, feel free to ask any more questions or PM me!
Tash :wave:
:oops: I've no idea how I managed to miss this. Thanks so much for your reply. We have a free weeks hotel accomodation there. The normal rates are extortianate so I did wonder what the day to day costs would be. I saw the Rough Guides programme on Belize recently and it just looks beautiful. I do really fancy a trip to the Mayan ruins and just the interior in general. Its not till next August (2009) but there's nothing like planning early :)
I think I'll give swimming with sharks a miss I've never got over Jaws :rofl
Try and go to lamani, the river trip is terific even if its not the most spectaular
mayan site, also theres a good wildlife sanctury, terific snorkelling and diving(I dont dive) around the cayes.
Taxis can be a bit harrowing - you're lucky if they have all the doors :rofl
sounds like Indian taxis then :rofl
Thanks for that- did you enjoy Belize?
Only spent a few days there but liked the laid back caribbean atmosphere and was nice to speak english for a few days.

Flew on a small(frighteningly tatty) plane from belize to flores in guatemala and plane aside it was an amazing view of the rainforest. Really beautiful.
we are actually going there to possibly invest. I really like what I've seen on the internet and TV but we need to form our own opinion once there. I have a feeling I will like it even if we dont invest :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.