Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
I can't help with location of rooms etc, but if you haven't already done so you can read our reviews of this accommodation by Clicking Here
Alison, you shouldn't have any real problems with a view regardless of where you are located, since the Benalmadena Palace is on top of a hill and most of the views should be pretty good from most of the apartments. It does not overlook any busy roads so you shouldn't get any problems with traffic noise. The only exception may be if you are over the top of the reception area, which I believe some people were aware of the coaches dropping off and picking up holidaymakers at various times throughout the night, but only on certain nights depending on flight times, etc.

Regards

RJ
:D Hi, we stayed here last June (loved it), can't help with the location of the 2 bed apartment question, but got talking to a woman who had booked the two bed apartment, and she couldn't get over the size of the apartment, she said it was huge, and even had a washing machine. As raymond said just over/above reception there are a few apartments which look over a small road (It's not a main road, like raymond said it's just where they drop off), and I'm nearly sure these apartments, are studio's. Email the hotel, and asked to be situated in a quiet room (There's no guarantee's with these requests, but that way if they can accomodate your request, they won't put you in one of the few apartments above reception).

I'm sure you will have read on the other sites, that you go down to 0 in the lift, which brings you out into the carparking, and use your room card, to open the door, you will cut half the hill out (I'm saying hill - more of a slight incline, - I was expecting mount everest, when I got there according to some of the reviews!, if you are feeling really lazy, or have walking dissabilities, you can even pop next door into the vistamar apartments, walk through their reception, and this brings you to the very bottom of the slight incline.

Any more questions, just ask, and will try and find email address, and get back to you later. Regards, allison.
Right....I've managed to track down a couple of links which will enable you to e-mail the Benalmadena Palace one way or another. The first is a travel site with a direct e-mail link which should generate an e-mail form for the Benalmadena Palace within your own e-mail browser(well it did with mine anyway when I tried it) - the link is as follows -

http://www.travel-library.com/hotels/europe/spain/benalmadena_costa/benalmadena_palace.html

The second is the URL for the Benalmadena Palace, and the English version of their site -

http://www.benalmadenapalace.com/modulos/contenido/index.php?op=1&idioma=3

Either way you will be able to get in touch with them and try to ensure that you get the room you want

Hope this helps

Regards

RJ
The interactive maps on Benal-life.com show all of the Hotels on Benalmadena (use mouseover and locate) The Benalmadena Palace is on this map here

Cheers,

John
hey
I have to say the views we got were pretty poor, we looked out onto a building site, as did the other group we were staying with (who were on the other side of the hotel). I got back 12th April, so maybe it will be finished by the time you go, but it didn't look very completed.

The noise wasnt a problem, as the windows and doors were fairly solid. The hotel is on a hill, but there are so many other hotels in the way that you dont see the beach. However, the hotel is amazing, and it only takes a little walk to get great views from somewhere else.

You will not be disappointed with this hotel, it is fabulous.
Hi every1.
Im off to benalmadena in just over 2weeks. We're staying at the Benalmadena palace.Has any1 stayed in this area of benalmadena before, what is the location like? i have heard and read on here that it is a bit of a walk 2 the marina etc, but i just really wanted to get peoples honest opinions, Is it a good area? or is it really dead? Thanks to anhy1 who posts a reply.
Alison :D
hi just wondering could anybody tell me where exactly this hotel is as i am thinking of booking it for oct.. have been 2 benalmadena alot but dont remember ever seeing it.. Is it near the sunset beach apartments or is it in the oppisite direction.. thanks
Benalmadena Palace is at the same end of the resort as Sunset Beach, but on the other side of the road, down from the petrol station, then turn left up the hill.
:D I've been to this aparthotel - it's brilliant - especially if you have kids, it's really geared up for them!

It is up a fairly steep hill, but if you use your room card, you can exit the garage, which will cut the hill in half, and if you are feeling really lazy you can use the lift in the apartments next door which takes you to the very bottom!

Enjoy! BBB
Can anyone tell me where this hotel is? The address is Beanlmadena Palace S/N Gilabert, Benalamadena Costa 29680. I have read that it is 1km from Paloma Park, just wondered what hotels it was near so I can get an idea of where it is. Stayed at the Siroco and the San Fermin before. Thanks
hi staying at this hotel in october along with my kids and my mum(who cant walk very far) so knowing these short cuts to help the hill will help,if not we just said taxis will have to take us around.
what i would like to know is the beach at the bottom of the hill, and is it far for the shops etc.. or are they near the marina?
not that i know where im talking about as ive never been spain before as me and hubby always go turkey.this is a long weekend for my mum to get some sunshine.
any info on hotel or resort will help,thanks.
is there a freezer in apartments too?

cheers :roll:
Hi all,

We're due to go to the Benalmadena Palace in late May (across Half Term) and have read on some reviews people mention having to pay 60 Euros deposit.

Is this the case regardless of whether you're stay self catering or half board?

Just wanted to budget for it, so if anyone can let me know then that'd be great!

Cheers,

Steve.
Stayed there in January, you either have to let them photocopy your credit card (dodgy) or fork up 60 euros which is returned to you when you check out. We were half board but were still allocated an apartment. Not sure if all rooms are apartments though.
Hello,has anyone stayed here? I have checked the few reviews that are in the hotel section.Does anyone know how far it is to the beach ,restaurants ,marina etc.

Thanks Riversider :)
We stayed at this hotel in april of this year and are going back in october ,the beach is just down the hill and across the road or you can go out of the back gate and down to a supermarket which was reasonable priced. Its probably a good half an hours walk to the marina but its a nice walk along promenade.Paloma park is a short walk away as are the bars and restaurants. :wave:
thanks diane,i guess you liked the hotel otherwise you would not have returned lol :)
Has anyone stayed at this hotel as going next week in a 2 bedroomed apartment not many reviews on the 2 bedroomed apartments.

Anyone know what the hotel prices are like for food and drink?

Gary
Hi Gary, we have stayed at Benalmadena Palace Three times and are going back in October we have stayed in a one bedroomed apartment which was fine so i am sure you will be ok in a two bed.When we were there they were doing an offer on food I think it was 12 euros half board per day for adults and Kids were free.The bar drinks werent too bad but they do a happyhour twice per day on drinks at 5-6 and 9-10 if I remember right.There were also snacks available during the day .There is a supermarket just down the path at the back of the hotel which was cheap and had a good selection of things.Hope this helps have a good holiday :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.