Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Benalmadena
63 Posts
oh, and must go shopping for my commission free TC`s courtesy of HSBC

If you must, just hope they don't have pics of Mickey on them. Do yourself a favour and get a Nationwide card for future travels, then you youself can sing their praises.

Robby :wink:
Sanji,

Can't help with the rate for Barclays because I've thrown the receipts.

However, N/W list in on the full statement:

€140 @1.468 =£95.31 Andalucio Bank
€140 @1.474 =£94.92 Banco Atlantico
€150 @1.474 =£101.70 Banco Sabadell

These are a number of the different atm's we used.

The rate for changing euro TC's at that time was a paltry 1.41 if you were lucky, and you have to pay commission?????

I just don't understand why people would want to give money away for nothing, and have to queue for the privilege :shock: Is it not better to get exactly the amount out of your account as you have put in? :wink:

I still think it's the very best form of using money in Spain.

Regards
Good old fashioned, straight talking cash is my preferred method :gluck
Safeguarded how???????????
Was that reply to me?

Erm, yes I do understand that people could be nervous about taking cash but I have to be honest, there are so many horror stories abot using credit cards abroad and also when taking cash from the holy walls (hidden cameras etc). My boyfriend prefers to carry his cash in his sock, not the most original of hiding places but 'touch wood' it's never failed us as yet.

Even the safety deposit boxes in hotel have been known to be not so safe.

Each to their own I guess.

:D
:P lol at the sock.

Yes, each to their own, but if you lose the cash :evil:
Yes Plan 'B' - wash dishes for the duration of the holiday.

Don't lose that sock! :whoops
as much as i like a good discusion could someone answer my question
where are the best places to change money in benalmedina? :roll:
Sorry Happymackem, if you want to exchange cash, then you will get a better rate in the resort, probably around 1.43 Euros at present with no fees if you shop around. You would be lucky to get 1.40 in the UK at the minute, more like 1.38.
But there are much better options :lol: :lol: :lol: , don't know if you have heard of the NATIONWIDE CARD ?????? :rofl :rofl

Yes, we all waffled that much that we failed to answer the original question.

There cannot be a shortage of exchange bureas on the main Paseo. Probably better to walk along and compare prices on that day.

8)
cheers robby,you on a good commission from nationwide then lol :lol:
It's all about trying to pass on tips to members, that what we are here for.

Have a great holiday whatever you do.

PS:
cheers robby,you on a good commission from nationwide then lol

Unfortunately they are commission free :lol:
what are the fares on the trains from benalmadena to say malaga
and bus fares too
would like to try the train as cant afford them in this country,but the bus would be an adventure too.
do you get your ticket on the train, at the station,can you get a day return
or just singles :?:
cheers
happy :D
The only down side I can see, is you can only draw £250 max. per day,

It`s now £300 max
They use the inter-banking system.
The transaction can take up to 2 days to get back to your bank.
The transaction will be converted on that day, at that time, at the rate set by VISA that is applicable at that moment....of which you have no idea what the rate will be, you only have their word what they say it is.!.....unless you have a crystal ball.
You have to use a ATM that displays the link or Cirrus logo.

It`s been like dragging blood out of a stone from the toy-town bank. :roll:
I`ve still have some more questions, but my phone bill is big enough for this month...thankyou.
Oops forgot that robby :lol:
Actually the train service is a good option, and only costs a few Euros each way. I have the weblink somewhere, and if someone doesn't beat me to it, I will post it when I find it.

It`s now £300 max

That ws my error, sorry :oops: :oops: , hands up. It used to be £500 per day, but dropped because of fr4ud, or so they say.

Happymackem, heres one link for you, not the one I was looking for, but it gives an idea.

http://www.andalucia.com/travel/airports/malagatrain.htm

Hi happymackum,

The train service is fine, but, depending on where you are staying in Benalmadena, it can be a bit of a walk up to Arroyo. I'm assuming that if your watching the money you won't want to take a taxi to catch the train.

If you're on the front somewhere, the bus to Malaga is fairly regular and only costs 1 euro 50 cents each way. It takes about 45 minutes to get there.

JJ
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.