Spain - Costa Del Sol/Gibraltar Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Del Sol.
Benalmadena
63 Posts
You will enjoy Benalmadena and the Bali has a good reputation with lots of repeat guests. The bars are very friendly and welcoming if you want any more info on Benal' heres a site with lots of info. Benalmadena and Arroyo de la Miel Forum... :fly
cheers joli i will have a look at that site
:D Riverside - we are going to benalmadena in 2 weeks time, so will let you know what it was like upon my return. BBB.
cheers BBB have a good holiday.
Have visited Belamadina on two occasions, both of which have enjoyed very much, first time the time share touts were very annoying little better on the second visit but did not find any resentment from the locals.
pojo
A site with lots of info Here
Enjoy Benalmadena,

Cheers,

John
I have a website at http://www.benal-mad.com with plenty of information about Benalmadena.

Have a good trip.
Just to let you know of a great bar in Benalmadena called 'Kitty O'Sheas. This is just before Liddal supermarket and is an amazing friendly Irish bar, with out any TV (hurray) and fantastic atmosphere with the owners Aishling and Brendan, who will entertain you so much that you will be laughing all the way through the night.

Just wondering does any recommend any good places to eat, like seafood in and around the Marina? Fun place to be and great if you want to pop to other resorts close by. :D
Well its 3 wks on Saturday till we fly out to Belamdena. Could anyone tell me what the weather is like at the moment and also apparently there is a 24hr square there will anything there be open at this time of year..??
Getting a little worried that the resort will be dead at this time of year..!!
Thanks for your recommendation, will try and visit the bar. Do they serve food? What's on the menu?
One last thing where is Lidl? :?:
Lidl supermarket is about 100 yards up the road on the same side as Kitty's.
I came back december 12th and yes its pretty much dead.
The square is closed by enlarge and no such thing as "winter prices" so watch your pocket. If the weather gets a little miserable it could be costly.

Its only a dollar a piece on the bus to Torremolinos, slightly livelier there.
We really liked METRO on the marina,a lot of people recomended AMERICAN JACKS but we thought it was poor and the service was dreadful

hope this helps
:D Try busbys (Bottom of hill down from bali hotel), it's the only pub/bar we came accross (Apart from up the elephant & round the castle), that had live entertainment on. Busbys had comedians, hypmertists etc... and was a good laugh. The elephant and castle did tribute bands, (Roy orbison, cliffe, etc- this pub is up the hill near bali hotel)- this wasn't our cup of tea at all, but if you like that sort of thing, it's prob worth a visit. Apart from busby's (Unless we missed any), there wasn't really any pubs etc that had any form of entertainment. The 24 hour square was a total waste of space, really grotty, and overpriced (There's a handfull of bars, with loads of touts, you can't hear the music in the bars for the loud booming music coming from the rest of them - and it isn't open 24 hours a day!!!). BBB
24-hour Square is mainly the nightclub spot for the younger set. It is not open for 24 hours though, as this is only a nickname given to the square because there is a "24 hours" neon sign above a pharmacist shop there.

The Square you are more likely to have heard of is "Bonanza Square", up behind the Hotel Sirocco, off the Avenida Bonanza. This is full of British Bars and many will still be open at this time of year.
Hello Donny the daily weather in Benalmadena is recorded herehere
The Bella Vista restaurant above the Metro has recently changed hands, and has received a glowing report here
The Irish - Italian menu is something different and you are welcomed just for a drink
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.