Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
never been but if its like the tv show then I would imagine every street ))
am hoping to go 1 year but need to persuade the wife as she been years ago and hated it..
Calle Genoa seems to be the main street for the entertainment bars and the side streets off here.
We havent been for over 10 years as my husband has refused to go,but have booked it for my husbands birthday next month. :yikes
To say he wasnt impressed is an understatement but he is coming round to the idea. :rofl :rofl
We are staying in this street at the Ambassador Playa 1 hotel which is exclusive to Thomson.
Ive watched the programme and it doesnt seem to represent the folk I have met there.
The bar that they use and call Neptunes is Morgans tavern and is over the road to the hotel I am staying in.
There is also 3 entertainment venues in the hotel so we will have a choice. :tup If you look on Google earth street view you can do a tour. :tup
i stayed at the Ambassador Playa11 a couple of years back, its well placed, lots of bars and.restaurants outside. the square just down the road.
we used to spend our nights in the Black Chicken just over the road
There's also the British Square, just look for the Hotel Orange and you're there.

There's the Comedy Club, below the Hotel Presidente also.
there are bars in every street we have been 8 times going again in june love it you cant really say a specific area they are spread all over we stay in the levante side but do like a trip to the old town with all the little streets and tapas bars hope you have a good time :cheers
Thanks for all the replies. We are staying at the Ambassador Playa 1 hotel so are in a good position for entertainment. If we go on a holiday without entertanment it does not bother me but if it is there I do enjoy being entertained most nights. Is the Benidorm Palace worth the money ?
We didn't get to the Benidorm Palace even though our hotel provided free tickets :( Unfortunately we left it too late to book ours.

Morgan's Tavern opposite where you are staying is a good night with plenty of acts. We saw Deb n Her who are great. One Vision, a Queen tribute act were good too. Wasn't too keen on El Divo or Rod Stewart.

Secret Garden during the day is supposed to be good, with mist being sprayed to keep you cool. We never made it into there but when I went with friends last year our apartment was close by and we could here everyone singing " Are we human or are we dancer" which became our 'Benidorm song'.
we went to Benidorm palace didn't have the meal just paid for the show and first drink we were sat right by the stage the stage rises so you have a good view we really enjoyed it worth a visit :cheers
When are you going Shrimper?
We are going to the Ambassador 1 in April.
Jay Trip, Just back from the Ambasador 1, good hotel in a good position , the dining room can be a hit hectic at times with running waiters, plates snached before you have a chance to put them down etc but food has a good choice. Around town the bus fare seems to be 1.5 euros single wherever you want to go,including Altea. Train/Tram to Alicante or Denia if you need to get away from the madding crowd is 6.4 euros return each. My choice for best show around would be One Vision at Morgans if you like Queen music. Generally the music is VERY loud but some good shows
Welcome back Shrimper did you enjoy the rest of Benidorm? How was your weather?
Overall we did enjoy all aspects of benidorm, love the walks, coffee stops!!, bus trips out of town and entertainment but did think this side of it was getting a bit tacky in parts. Weathers was good most of the time but the wind could be fresh in the shade and a couple of grey days. We were told today by a friend that had a colleague that went to benidorm our first week we had a rainy week. We never felt one spot in two weeks ,funny people :que . My ears are glad to be home, I now starting to realise I am getting older. One night i did say to my wife this is strange I am actualy talking to you
I suppose the thing about Benidorm is that there's always something open, even if it's a really quiet time of year you can always find somewhere to have a coffee or a mooch around the shops.

My friends flew out yesterday, they are Benidorm fans as my friend needs a scooter &, because they like to go away a few times a year Benidorm suits their needs for price etc. However, they recently went to Fuerteventura and really enjoyed their stay so I'll be waiting to hear if Benidorm still holds it's magic for them. ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.