Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
Hi Westie, i think you will find it is very much hit and miss.
Stephen.
we are booked to go on feb 10th, should have been going to tenerife the week after but had to change the dates/destination coz of sons half term :evil: We went to Tenerife last feb and it was cloudy every day apart from 1,So :sun at least one sunny day for me will be a bonus! Weve had 2 previous hols in Bene before so can't wait
My wife and I (both in our early 60`s) fancy 2 weeks in Benidorm in February, apart from drinking and sunbathing !? what do others do to pass the time ?
I don't think you will find the weather will be that warm enough for a great deal of sunbathing in February...at least it never has been when I have been to beni in February.....but maybe the Climate has changed now.

Are you looking for something to do in particular during the daytime?
I arived back from Benidorm on 1st January and had been there since 22nd December. We spent EVERY day on the beach as it was 22-23 degrees. Plenty warm enough to sunbathe in!

Sarah
:? Think you will find that our weather can be hit and miss in February, if we are lucky it will be ok but you will probably need coats, pullovers for the night time.
Hey Everyone!!

Booked my holiday yesterday to Benidorm, £453 for my boyfriend and me, half board flying from Edinburgh for a week stayin in Pelicanos/Ocas. Thought I got a wee bit of a bargain!! Going on 17th February - anyone else goin to be in Benidorm then?? :D

Also just wondering if anyone has been on the Barcelona excursion?? We had a look at it last year but we ended up going to Valencia instead. Does anyone recommend Barcelona??

Pamela xx
Hi Pamela ... you may like to have a look at the "Benidorm to Barcelona" thread here in this forum.

We also have a 22 page thread about Barcelona in our City Breaks forum.

David :wave
Me and two of my friends are going to benidorm on the 23rd Feb 07. We are staying at the Sol Pelicanos/Ocas.

What will the weather be like and will it be busy. I am in my 20s. I've been told there a lot of older people this time of year, but there should be younger ones my age there as well hopefully.

Where the best places to go at night for good music and a dance?

Thanks for your help. [/b]
Midlothian, think your right re the oldies being there at this time of year - I will be :rofl
Seriously, although the majority may be older I hope you will find some younger people there. I know its popular with stag and hen nights, or so I am told so you may be ok ;)
A holiday is what you make it, I am sure you will get plenty of advice from our regulars here.

Have a lovely time I might pass you on the front ;)
Kath HT Admin
Hi
Does anyone know what Benidorm is like half term week in Feb?
Are there many families out there?
20 days to go and I can't wait :D
Hi
Does anyone know what Benidorm is like half term week in Feb?
Are there many families out there?
20 days to go and I can't wait

Your half term must be different to ours as the schools in our area close on the 9th Feb and reopen on the 19th.

If you have 20 days to go then that will make it the 20th Feb.

I wouldn't imagine that there would be many as many families there that week as the week before. Please can I ask which area you are from?

I'm only guessing but are you from Scotland as I know that the school holidays are different in England to what they are in Scotland.

Sue :)
hi Sue
Our half term is 19 - 23 Feb, Schools open back up on 26th. I'm from Portsmouth. Didn't realise that school holidays differ so much.
I don't really mind what sort of people are out in Beni when we go I just wondered what it would be like. :? I know we'll have a good time.
I've got my days all planned out! :D
I live in Altea and i have to say this year is really exeptional compared by the years before. If there is not going to be a "cold drop" as they call it in Spain: in Spanish: Gota Fria, this mild weather will stay until the summer.

Tjeerd.
MMmm I have my reservations about the weather.
Whilst it has been exceptionally mild, I have known the weather suprise everyone, even the Spanish.

February usually is the time Benidorm gets it's fair share of rain, but I have been to Benidorm in Feb and had some reasonable weather.
I have been to Benidorm at the end of March for my birthday/ Easter and it has been cold and windy enough to freeze the knockers off a brass monkey...Easter was a complete wash out and there wasn't a living soul on Levante promenade during the evenings, except us daft sods. (me & hubby) :roll:

Sanji x
Last time I visisted it was Novemeber and it was cold, rainy and windy. Looks like it wont be much different in February then lol

Kath x
Hiya Kath.

Not necessarily love.
This is the point I'm making....you would think that by April time the weather would be "picking up", but I have been in February and whilst it is still cold at night we've had some good days and come home with some colour....I've gone at Easter and had to go out and buy a warm jacket in Benidorm.

Cold at night.? ....Benidorms cold at night can be higher than our daytime temperatures......

Last year, I was sat having a coffee in Altea in the first week of January in shorts and a strappy top....and it was red hot...3 weeks later, the same cafe was covered in snow.

Keep an open mind regarding Benidorm's weather. :wink:

If I could forecast the weather, then I'd be that rich I could buy HT from Van. :rofl

Sanji x
  • Edited by Sanji 2007-02-05 21:26:16
Thanks Sanji I will :)
Kath x
We are just back last night & it was FREEZIN, arrived and left in the rain was out wearing 3 tee shirts at a time. First night there was thunder & lightening but middle 2 days were dry but cold :roll:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.