Spain - Canary Islands - Lanzarote Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Lanzarote.
I prefer Lanza to Tenerife any day of the week.

Lanza is much quieter and the beaches are beautiful. Generally we stay at Costa Teguise as it is quieter than Puerto Del carmen. There are a number of nice beaches there, Jabillo, Cucharas etc..secluded and excellent for swimming/snorkelling and if you want to go further out..scuba diving.

Playa Blanca is also nice and there are also nice beaches at El Golfo (more a tourist place to visit rather than stay), La Santa/El famarao ( famous for the watersports) as the waves are good for surfing and Matagorda..oh and Papayago.....

Quieter still at the north end of Lanza is Orzola but this is less touristy. In between all of that, there are so many rocky little secluded inlets where it is great walking along the beach.

As for Tenerife, the main tourist areas are Playa De Las Americas, Los Christianos and Los Gigantes...with all the bits like Fanabe, Adeje also regular tourist haunts but a little nicer..but that is just my opinion. I am not keen on PDLA..but it depends what you are looking for in a holiday.
I prefer the quieter touristy areas that give me an option to explore off the beaten track and go off into little villages/hamlets/nooks and crannies and see the real island. Some people prefer the hustle and bustle of a "Blackpool in the sun" and that is on offer too if people want it in Tenerife.

Both Lanza and Tenerife are very different from one area to another..you can go from sweeping cliffs and mountains to megga beaches, there is scenery ranging from superb greenery to barren lunar landscapes..and it is all so beautiful...wherever you stay, hire a car and explore.

Enjoy.
Thanks, I shall have a closer look at Lanzarote.
I love the beach at Caleta, long stretch of white sands, but watch out for the currents, very popular with surf schools
Caleta de Famera, is in Lanzarote, 9kms of golden sands
Thanks. I wondered where it was as when I googled Caleta only the one in Fuerteventura came up.. I guess it's the one in my guide book listed as Playa de Famara. I'll have to visit it if I go to Lanzarote again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.