Spain - Costa Brava Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Brava.
We go abroad twice a year with Siesta but last year I went with Redcrest for once as it was a bit cheaper but never again, they're not even in the same ball park.
The journey was a test of endurance and I found that the standard of accommodation is better with Siesta too with more attention paid to the small details and finishing touches.

I thought the Redcrest coaches were no where near as comfortable - my knees were touching the seat infront for almost the entire trip.
The Siesta coaches have loads of leg room with leg supports and it really does make a big difference (especially to me as I'm 6'3") + they have this swanky multichannel entertainments system like an airplane.

It's a shame you seem so dead against them as they really seem the best of the bunch but I suppose everyone is different. I can't recommend them highly enough.

I'm back with them again in a week but this time I'm going accommodation only so I'll be reporting back on that in October.

I've heard good things about Club Cantabrica too but I haven't travelled with them so can't comment first hand.
My son has just returned from tossa de mar with club canterbrica , going was okay although it took thirty hours , but coming back was a absolute nightmare, there was not any hostess service provided not even a bottle of water , because there was going they did not make any sandwiches or took drinks with them, they were hungry and thirsty and were starving by the time they got into france, there was a scottish couple who had two children under three, and no food and drink for them it took them forty hours to get home, dont think they will go with this company again
I have travelled with Siesta 5 times now and I am booked for March and August next year. I have not had a bad word to say against them.
There is plenty of room in the coaches and hostess service as well as regular comfort stops throughout the journey.
The reason, Big Daddy, that i am so against Siesta is that when i went with them years ago, they (knowingly) had a stack of mobiles that could be opened by everyone (your key fitted them all!) I only found out halfway through my holiday when i was asked by a neighbour to let their son in when he returned, and i enquired as to how i was supposed to do so and they told me!! They had found out previous year (god knows why they came back!) and had complained, so that is how i know Siesta did NOTHING about it! When i complained on site, i was 'handled' by the Reps, who then basically did their best to avoid me and the issue, and on complaining on my return home, the issue was ignored, and i was given a hell of a lot of cheek and basically accused of trying my key in other locks!! A holiday company who treat their clients like this will NEVER get money from me again, and given the fact that i was happy(ish) with most of the other aspects of the company, you really would think that giving me a few bob in compensation would have made up for the approx. £5000 in bookings that they have lost out on since!!!!! Sometimes wonder what these companies are thinking about!......so that is the reason i wouldnt go near them again! :x

That aside, though, the fact that we are travelling from Central Scotland may side me with Redcrest as they do most of their pick ups locally then zip down the M6 (Siesta always went up the A1 on the east coast, something i hated!!) and also they dont have the dreadful hub system, where you need to change coaches around London! (meaning Redcrest leave later too!) Club C were the worst for hostess service though, they only boarded at the changeover, not much good if you had been on for 8 hours already! I think i will stick with Redcrest for next year, the reps, hostesses, and accommodation (at Castell Montgri anyway!) are the best in my view, even if Siesta's buses were slightly better (minus that leg rest though, i hated that!)
Ive booked and paid for holiday with Club C and im leaving in 3 weeks..

I have just looked at the web site for siesta and redcrest ( why didnt I look before I booked !!!) and their coaches look so much more comfortable! Im hoping its due to the fact that they have a better web site..... Because the Club C coaches look older in comparison?

The super plus recliners on the siesta look very good.......
Redcrest have always been my favourite, but not solely based on their coaches. Of all the companies you mention, and i have been with them all, i feel i have always been best treated by Redcrest: Best staff on Castell Montgri, best drivers and hostesses, good accommodation, most willing to listen and address problems (i had a recent small refund for a problem i had), etc, etc.

Club C coaches are fine, and if i was going somewhere outwith the Costas, then i would use them again (been to Antibes and Jesolo with them) Im sure Siesta's coaches are fine too, but i wouldnt touch that company EVER again due to my past probs with them!
I think I will give redcrest a go next time.. just to see the difference...
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.