General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Sorry but why not Turkey???? Their hotels have are excellent
and priced really competitvely compared to others in the med Have you thought of Lykia World in Olu?

We have 4 kids and they love the water slides, hence I've given up going anywhere else but Turkey!
Nothing against Turkey, but as I said, we have been there the last two years running and we want a change .

.......I can't believe that Turkey has a complete monopoly on good water features at hotels. :(
Hi Judy, long time no speak :wave:

Haven't stayed at any of them, but there are loads of reports on the net on the Red Sea Holiday Village in Sharm. It's supposed to have good water facilities, also the Reef Oasis Blue Bay in Sharm seems to have some kind of a water park. (fewer reports on this due to it being new).

Is it for 2009 that you are looking or this year ? The 'club Alto de Colina' in the Algarve has been extended and is going to have a water park and slides. Supposed to be up and running already, but in true FC style is 'running late', but imagine it will have got going by the end of the season.

I keep thinking about 2009, I am going to Turkey again this year & am also trying to find something else for next year as I don't like keep going back to the same country year after year, but like you cant find much to match the facilities, so am considering the Hemera in Side, although I dont suppose the facilities will be as good as Lykia.

Have you considered staying in one of the three Port Aventura hotels that are near Salou ? The hotels dont have their own waterparks, but the theme park has a water park attached called costa caribe, also if you stay at the main Port Aventura hotel or Caribe hotel you get access to a private beach club, with five pools and access to a beach down near Cap Salou.

Chris :wave:
Hi Judy :wave:

Im sure the LTI grand Azure in sharm also has some waterslides there . It is a more established hotel so maybe worth a look but not sure how the reviews are coming in at the moment

lyn
Thanks Lyn & Doe :wave:

They seem like some good suggestions to check out :tup
We've never been to Portugal :think ...and Sharm could fit in nicely with my son's new found interest in snorkelling.

As for PV...hadn't really thought about that one, but now I come to think of it had a friend who went there earlier this year and was raving about it.

Haven't been on here that regularly, between computer problems, getting married and hanging out over on some Disney dedicated boards (due to the Orlando holiday).
Looking forward to getting back into the thing of things soon though :D

Nice to see you are both still about :cheers
Nice to see you about as well Judy. :wave:

I know you are very good at getting excellent deals on DIY, so I thought I would mention that the three theme park hotels at Port Aventura, seem to come up quite expensive through tour operators.

However, I have read on various boards where people have managed good savings by booking the hotels either direct or on accomm only websites & then either organising their own flights to Reus which is about 15 mins away in a cab or if people are on a really tight budget they sometimes fly to Barcelona on a cheapie, but them you have to get a train down to Salou, which can take an hour and 20 mins.

Also the hotels are HB not AI so I don't know if that would be a downside for you, positives are a nice short flight, and whichever hotel you pick you can eat in the other hotels buffets if you fancy a change of scenery. (although they are all similar foodwise)

I dont want to mislead you as I know you have been to Florida a few times. It really isn't in that league at all. It's more like Disney Paris with a beach resort nearby or Alton Towers (but not so white knuckley), some Florida fans can be disappointed, but then they are not comparing like with like.

Chris :wave:
Hi Chris & Lyn

Well, decision has been taken :) ..... because after fiddling around on the Virgin Atlantic site to see what Miles Plus Money is worth (we earned some miles going to Florida this year and I was just curious).....got some (hopefully) bargain flights to St. Lucia just over £1500 for 2 adults & 2 children for Feb 2009 half term (should be £2300 !!) - it was only slightly less than that to go to Egypt, flight only !!

We are now looking at an AI with slides & lazy river called Coconut Bay on the island....if we can get a decent price it looks like a go-er....otherwise it will be the other extreme.....a villa, which are surprisingly reasonable.

Thanks for your imput.....information stored though for October 2009 !!!!! ;)
Wow that sounds fab Judy . sounds a bargain to me :) did you use your miles for that .

how much is the accomodation . I have never even looked at the virgin site .I might have a look at that myself for future reference ;)
Yes, used a 'Miles Plus Money' deal - we only just joined their Frequent Flyer programme this year and already got 9,000 points just for 1 return flight to Orlando and also recommending 2 friends/relatives to join (let me know if I can recommend you if you are not a member already ! ;) )

We needed only 2000 points each to get this great discount so it worked out fine. :tup

There are not that many places Virgin fly from Manchester besides Orlando - only Barbados, St Lucia and Singapore...so just had a look at these.

This morning I was hunting around for the Coconut Bay Resort ...most places have it at around £1680 + for the week (2A/2C)...but just found a BARGAIN ...Quickrooms (who have a sale on) with promotion code QRVC02 and booked through Quidco for a further 7% off comes to......£1346 ...!!!!!! :really that's all inclusive 4* !!!!

Virgin Holiday's price for this as a package holiday is over £3500 (we'd be paying £2872) and its only 10 mins from the airport (so cheap transfer). WOW ..I'm so tempted though the idea of a villa still appeals too. :think
Nah be waited on for the week Judy and go with a bit of luxury . Just think of that lazy river you wanted :tup :tup

hmmm I can use my tesco clubcard points with virgin . might need to do a bit more shopping though :think
the portobello 2010 hotel in costa almeria has a lazy river. it's not very british but it's a lovely hotel. Watch out for Spaniards trying to nick your sunbeds and throwing your towel on the floor though.
also i believe either the adams hotel or nissi beach in ayia napa has one. hope this helps, if anybody knows of any others - please post.
Even though you have now booked one for the notebook for another year
is Sharm El Sheikh the hotel is the Aqua Blu (sometimes tagged Albatros Aqua Blu ) 32 water slides lazy river/ surf river All Inclusive and a really good hotel
we are going to the Aqua Blu Sharm in a few weeks, like the original poster we considered anywhere (we did include Turkey), but couldn't believe the deal we got with this hotel.
reviews are favourable and our kids love the water so should be enjoyed by all.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.