Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
I always use a strong DEET-based spray (Jungle Formula) for myself - check with a pharmacist for kids. For my room, I burn coils on balconies th keep them out (buy in local supermarkets/shops), and buy a room knock-down spray as well to kill any lurking in corners. Don't go in the room for some time afterwards, and don't breathe in the spray. The mosquito is the bane of my life, so I take all precautions I can. I haven't found the plug-ins as effective as the coils. The coils contain a repellant, but the little blighters don't like smoke/fumes either. Oh, and if I can get hold of citronella candles, I burn those on the balcony as well.
I use Autan - pump spray not aerosol, that way I don't breathe it in as much. For the room I find the liquid plug-ins more effective and less smelly than the tablet ones. Plug it in before you go our for the evening and leave the windows shut. If you have air-conditioning the cooler temperature also seems to help.
We have an extensive mossies topic in the General Holiday Enquiries forum HERE

luci :wave
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.