Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Sorry to hear of your experience. We went to Icmeler last year, on a family holiday, just along the road from Marmaris. The resort was lovely and quiet and the beach is beautiful (and clean). All the poeple we met were very frindly and I would not hesitate in going back
How sad that you experienced this. I have heard reports like this from others but I am glad to say that in 20 years of visiting Turkey I haven't had a problem.
Patara beach is the loveliest sandy one I have been to but there is no resort there so you travel in from somewhere like Kalkan, we had a car to do this but no doubt there are buses going there. Altinkum has a long sandy beach. I almost always stay in Datca where there is no hassle from shop keepers at all but you would have to DIY as there are very few package companies going there. Most of the beaches in that area are shingly or pebbly but very clean and the water is beautiful. There are some sandy beaches on the Bodrum peninsula and we especially liked Gumusluk. I hope you manage to find somewhere you like.
I would disagree about the Icmeler beach being lovely. It is better than Marmaris but it still very gritty and does not have a great deal of sand in many places. The beach is clean but can get busy in peak season

Stewart
I've been to beaches in Gumbet, Marmaris, Icmeler, Turunc, Oludeniz and Dalyan and can definately say that the Dalyan one is the best, certainly the most 'sandy'. Its called Iztuzu beach (or Turtle beach) and although not actually in Dalyan itself - you have to get a dolmus or river boat to it - its well worth the journey which, if taken by river boat, is a joy in itself.
That's the best beach I have been to in Turkey as well - Dalyan. The one they take you to on the trips and you have to get the little boat too, down the delta (is that what it's called?). The lagoon at Olu D looks beautiful from up-high, but unfortunately when you go down on it, due to it's popularily it is seriously packed out. Belcekic Beach, which is the Olu Deniz resort beach is shingle.
If memory serves me right there is a lovely sandy beach at Side, especially the one the Germans use.
But I don't recall any sunbeds there
akyaka has a lovely sandy beach, but in the summer gets packed with mainly turkish tourists, but very scenic as in a bay surrounded by mountains
We visited a lovely sandy beach at Gokova the other day. It was totally empty although when windy it is popular with kite boarders.
Best beach is Patara by far

Golden sandy 14km stretch of beach with sand dunes all along it

No boom boom bars, no hassle and lots of ruins to exploe and there are small pension.hotels along the road in such as this one

http://www.pataraflowerpension.com/

John
Akyaka is a lovely beach,dark sand but Im sure you can make sand castles in it,not grit like a lot of others,its a lovely resort,quieter and cheaper than most places
I too love Patara beach. However the sea can be dangerous there. The day before we went earlier this year a tourist drowned in the current.
I've only visited Dalyan but I can say it was a lovely clean sandy beach. We got a boat trip there and stopped off at the hot springs first for a swim which was very nice.
Is karaincir beach nice as I'm staying in Akyarlar (a few miles from turgetreis) and love to spend some time on the beach and swimming in the sea.
I have visited Patara Turkey’s longest beach twice during our holiday in turkey, it is 13 km long and absolutely lovely, there is also a small beach café / restaurant serving kababs and sandwiches as well as some basic salads as well as cold drinks. It is really great beach and you can get your own private spot if you are prepared to walk 150m from all the chairs and umbrellas.
https://www.thomascook.com/holidays/turkey/all-inclusive/
  • Edited by Fiona 2017-10-03 16:11:54
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.