Egypt Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Egypt.
Hi Claire :wave:

Egypt is in North Africa however most insurance companies will class it as Europe for insurance cover.

I will PM you re companies.

Graham
I use http://www.insureango.com or could be .co.uk .

They class Egypt as Europe and also cover quite a long list of included activities (such as water sports) that many others dont.

Anything else you want to cover can be added for a small fee.

We have annual cover and I've made a few claims with them over the years , Flight delay, My son going into the sea with ipod in pocket , :roll: damage to the upholstery I did to a chair through leaving my GHD's plugged in at a cottage we rented in cornwall. :oops: and they have always paid up with no quetions.

Do remember to declare any medical conditions when you get a quote and always best to pay a couple of pounds more and select the excess waiver so you dont have to pay anything towards the cost for small claims such as calling out doctors etc.
Hi Lyn :wave: ...once again very helpful thank you !!! my travel company wants us to get travel insurance from booking ..but that would cost a fortune :yikes she said we should do that just incase of cancellation ( sorry about spelling) :whoops ..
claire
Claire ... that's correct, you should have travel insurance in place from the time of booking. But it won't be extortionate, it will be no more expensive than if you purchase the policy the day before travel. You still provide the insurer with your actual dates of travel, but the cancellation cover comes into effect from the time of booking your holiday.

You will find lots of recommendations on page 1 of our TRAVEL INSURANCE Q&As topic.

David :wave
Hi David :wave:
ahhh i see ... ok now i know what they meant :tup
thank you
claire
Hi Claire, like Lynne I also use insure and go. Originally I had a family policy (which was incredibly cheap) but I now have annual insurance for myself only. I have various medical conditions which mean some companies will not allow cover but my annual policy is now only about £66 including cover for these conditions. This is lower than last year despite having made 2 claims with the company for doctors' bills, which, I might add were settled quickly and without quibble.

Insure and Go class Egypt as a European policy, but when I had cover with M&S several years ago it was classed as worldwide.

Regards, Caro
I will most likely also use the insureandgo Ive had a very reasonable quote with them and also have selected Excess Waiver.

Sarah x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.