Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Hi Phil, It's been a long time since we did this trip and we booked through Daytripper in Calangute, but can't get the link for the website to work - sorry.
It was well organized with guides and all transport sorted. Since doing this we have met loads who have done DIY with no major problems, but they all seemed to have more than the 3 days 2 nights than we had, and they all paid a lot less than we did.
If you have the time and do some good research, then I would go DIY, I'd love to go back again.
I booked my guide and car driver with "Mumbai Magic". They booked the train for me and had a car pick us up from our hotel to take us to the station for the train. when we got to Agra, there was a driver there to meet us. He then took us to the Taj Mahal where we met our guide. The guide was just for the two of us and no others. I can't tell the cost as this was part of us going to Amritsar, Delhi, Agra, Fahtipur Sikri and Jaipur, then back to Delhi and on to Goa.
Hope this is of some help.
BOB. :)
Hi Phil
We did the Golden Triangle trip January this year through DAVIDAIR who can be found on the the main road halfway between Calangute and Candolim. They organised everything for us, flights from Dabolim to Delhi.
We were met at Delhi airport by our driver and taken by car (a six seater just for the two of us) straight to Agra.
It made for a long first day, but the idea is you see the the TAJ at sunrise, and before all the crowds arrive.
We then drove to Fatepuh Sikri, then on to Jaipur for two nights, and finally back to Delhi for another two nights. The cost was £600 each.
We felt it was money well spent, you can do it cheaper, fewer days, cheaper accommodation etc, the hotels we stayed at were all European standard in particular the Wyndham Grand in Agra was fabulous, and the Royal Plaza Delhi wasn't far behind, the third hotel was The Holiday Inn Jaipur.
Our driver Buphindra was excellent, as where the local guides. The whole tour was tailormade for the two of us, which is great if you want alter the itinery, I'll give an example, our TAJ trip was marred because of fog, which can be encountered at that time of year, we could barely see it. We went on to our next historical site a little disappointed, this visit lasted about 90 minutes and was indoors, when we came out the fog had gone and the sun was shining, so we asked our guide could we go back to the TAJ, he agreed and we saw it in all it's majesty, a truly stunning building.

Barney
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.