Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Are you asking for advice or just telling us of your experience?

Can you give us a link to their website if asking for advice.

fwh
I see that it is not a UK based company so the protection available under UK law does not apply.

fwh
It's a US company, not in ABTA, how was it booked please? There could be a minor glimmer of hope if it was through a UK travel agent.

Peter
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience that may have marred some parts of your holiday.

From the look of their web site I would have been a little suspicious. It looks quite amateurish and something a high school student could knock up. I suspect they may be a "one man band" and doubt you have any financial protection or trade association support. It will be interesting to hear if you have a response from any letter of complaint you might send them. Good Luck!
It appears that was not the correct web site but is this one

http://www.oneworldtours.co.uk/
It would appear from the contact address that the UK contact is a private address/agent for the company who are based in the USA.

A booking made in this country with a UK based agent brings your problems within English law.

I would suggest you contact Trading Standards and advise them of the problem.

They will also be able to advise if you have a case for some recompense.

Your story does not reflect a professional approach by the company.

fwh
fwh - globetrotter62 has not said that the booking was through a travel agent. If booked direct on the web then I don't believe UK Trading Standard laws would apply as this is appears to be a web site run from the USA.
This appears to be the same company - http://www.shadesofegypt.co.uk/ which has a UK Address. They appear to more UK than US based.

As far as I know there is no compulsory protection for accommodation only or tour providers where they are not sold in conjunction with flights. I would suggest that Trading Standards or the courts are your only option.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.