Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
beware
15 Posts
i had that as a child can you get it again?steve. :?
yes you can get shingells
I just retruned Monday with Chicken Pox aswell!

Im wondering if maybe I caught it on the plane over, as it was roughly 9 or 10 days after that the first of the spots appeared. Was your son on the gatwick flight MON2682 into Goa??

I had it as a child, and have obviously got it again - the doctor in India said you can get it twice, and as soon as i got back, i went to my own GP, who said you cant.....very strange - cos its definatly chicken pox.
My son had Chicken pox twice as a child,confirmed by our GP.
no he was on the birmingham flight tom 3306
Chicken Pox in adulthood will make you feel extremely ill, you woud have to take yourself to bed for at least a week. I remember when my OH had it thought he was dying, then again he is a man!
My son has it at the mo too.

I caught it at 20 and lost a stone....diet anyone :lol:
Hi Surfstak did your son catch chickenpox in Goa/India as well?
We fly out 16th April and dont want to come back with chickenpox :yikes On the other hand losing a stone is weight sounds good ....... :lol:
My daughter flew to Australia in December and got chickenpox on Christmas day. Happy Christmas anyone?

Can't help but think the bugs get circulated around the plane for everybody to share. :evil:
Yes Roma, you are right regarding the flight thing. Im not entirely sure i was *pox free* when i flew home - but i had to get back for my children (they stayed with their father whilst we were in Goa) as they missed me and i them, also i had to get back to work.

Apart from a few unslightly blisters and the need to itch everything all day, i didnt suffer too much at all.

Kells
We are here for the winter and just before Christmas my partner got chickenpox (he had it as a child) and was quite ill for 5 weeks. I also got something for free - twice - NITS!!! so there is not only chickenpox to look out for.
It's a jungle out there!
I got chronic Gastritus in Feb and just about fully recovered now!

This is the second time I've got this in Goa. And I thought I had a cast-iron constitution! Also stayed for a month in the past and got nothing!
Hi Gem, no we have been back a couple of months now.

Beats those diet pills :shock:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.