Spain - Costa Blanca Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Costa Blanca.
We don't have wool on the pillows, although the mattress, underblanket and overblanket are all wool. The covers do have an "animal smell" but nothing overpowering.

We haven't had any reactions as you describe.
Hi glad I found this thread :D
I'm just back from del sol and we went on the nhp trip.
I've got a couple of questions on the wool bedding

1, Would you buy it again seeing you've had it a few months?
2, My wife was eyeing up the duvet, but I can't find anyone else that sells it, only NHP! The link you posted only does the top blanket not the duvet.

NHP were going to give us a sleeping bag free if we bought the full set, which made the price similar to site posted!

3, If the stuff is that good why is it not advertised in the UK. If it is I've not seen it!

any advice most welcome

:D
I am just getting over my cough. It took seven weeks to clear. I have not tried the wool blanket again yet and I am not using the pillows.I am unlikely to use them now until next winter as our bedroom gets quite warm and we would find it too hot, so I am hoping the cough was a virus and am looking forward to have the wool blanket on again next winter.
As far as the mattress is concerned, I find it very firm, as I have said before I am 60 and never had any aches or pains in bed but since I got this new Mattress I have had the odd morning when I have had a few aches in the lumber area. The mattress has about one and a half inches of memory foam and I think it is not enough, many other companies offer up to three inches. I wish I had got a memory foam topper for my 'old' bed for a lot less money. In case weight comes into it I am six foot and fourteen stone. I am reserving my judgement at present but at the moment I think I wasted my £917
All the best,
Fred.
Hi Gego
A quick reply while I remember as I am quite busy and easily distracted!

We have the wool top blanket, the wool bottom blanket and the memory foam mattress(wool side up) with memory foam pillows( no wool)

The top blanket fits in our duvet cover. We have no upstairs heating and did not require any additional covers. I have not seen anything about a duvet and can not remember one specifically.

The company I purchased from has a couple of sights which offer similar products but under differing terms and costs ( or they were last year when I last looked) so you have to shop for the best deal.

It is strange as I don't think the "system" is a cure all by any means but I do know that I now don't mind going to bed and if I do get any pains they are nothing compared to before where I used to cry out in the middle of the night if I tried to turn over, and getting out was a major exercise.
My son has just hit a problem with his back and was exhausted because he couldn't sleep properly. That reminded me of how it was for me all the time, now a faded memory.

Like you I cannot understand why it is not advertised similarly in the UK unless the claims are impossible to prove!
Hi Guys

I am pretty new to this so I hope you get this reply. Regarding the Blanket Trips in Spain I am quite familiar with them as i have bought many of their products over the years and have even had stuff sent for my Mum & Dad. My Grandparents first introduced me to the products. Basically there are many blanket Trips on offer, however NHP is the only UK registered one and has been around for about 20 years I think. The other blanket trips only have foreign addresses and telephone numbers when you look at the actual paperwork, where as NHP has a head office in Birmingham. I have so far had their pillows, the original one I had was with a blow up bag inside, but I have just changed to another type of their pillow which I prefer. Also the bottom blanket and mattress are absolutely fantastic I have never slept so well since I got it. Other companies offer a rolled up version of the mattress, however it does not last and starts to sink in the middle after about 2 years, my grandparents bought one of those originally I think from a company in Mallorca but now have the NHP one which is much better. As for being able to buy in England why don't you phone them and ask the telephone number on my bill is 01217776000 I am sure they could give you some more details. Any way let me know how you get on.
Thanks for the replies and great info :D

The quilt (duvet) is £339 on its own or comes with the standard set instead of the top blanket. Standard set costs £749 with the top blanket or duvet, under blanket, 2 pillows of your choice and a free gift.
I still think it is strange that NHP can't be found on the internet :!:

Good to know that the top blanket fits nicely in a duvet cover :D

I think I will have a look for some more suppliers, £450 sounds alot better than £750 :wink:

Cheers
Hi Heidi ... you appear to be a very satisfied NHP customer. I notice that you also have an NHP e-mail address, does that come free with the pillows ?

David :wave
Hi Heidi ... you appear to be a very satisfied NHP customer. I notice that you also have an NHP e-mail address, does that come free with the pillows ?

Nice one :shock: Can I get a brochure :roll:
I was going to buy NHP, but at the sales demo, I stated that I wanted to investigate further and asked about purchasing later via the internet and was told in no uncertain terms that the products could only be purchased at the "show". I was told the UK office was for admin purposes only and were not geared or equiped to sell. I was contemplating going back just to buy, but then I found the healthysleep site run by a chap in the UK who used to be a salesman for a blanket company (not NHP afaik). His prices were much better and as I do not actually think of the cost, I do rest easy.
I will be able to comment on the 2 year bend in another 18 months or so, but I have noticed "sag" which in my case is down to the old divan base I use. I am contemplating topping it off with plywood or similar to give a flat mounting again.
Bought the whole package in majorca just over 2 weeks ago received on thursday 7th april. Bought everything including the massager which is fantastic. The bedding is lovely and warm even for me who has 2 quilts on my bed. The bed is so so comfortable i wake up with no pains and i have a bad back. Hopefully this will help as i also go to a chiropractor for my problem. Best money ever spent.
looks like another derma therm agent? :twisted:
Hiya Heidi,

Was in Benidorm beginning of June. Went on free blanket trip (well, went on 3!). Was told by woman on the coach not to buy as they are cheaper if you buy from UK. Bought set with mattress from company called Delana and it cost much less than we were told on the trip. The stuff arrived last week, and it's identical to what we saw on the trip!

Steve
Hi Steve
Just a quick reply regarding NHP I first went on there trip quite a few years ago and still go on there trips when I am on the Costa Blanca I have found the products to be of excellent quality and service. To me one the best things I bought was for my husband was his sleeping bag and pillow he being a long distance lorry driver. As stated in one of the above comments they have offices in Birmingham which is to far away from where I live. Hope this is of some help to you. I will be going on there trip when I return to the Costa Blanca in September a very good trip out and it's free.
Julie
Nobody is saying they arent good quality... It's the prices that put people off... I would feel ripped off if I spent, say 900 quid on bedding before finding it for half price on the net.
I have heard many comments over the years about the quality of these products, and most folk do seem satisfied. But as with anything in life, there will always be some who are disappointed and feel quality does not meet expectations, or the promises given by the sales team.

However, the biggest complaint always seems to be about price, especially when folk compare prices later of similar products available at home, after having made their holiday purchase.

We always hear that there is no hard sell during these 'free' Blanket Trip excursions and I think that is true, as most folk do tend to go along purely for the free trip, without having any intention of buying or feeling under any pressure to do so.

However, these 'free' trips have to be paid for by someone and if amongst a coach load of 50 or more passengers, perhaps only a few actually make any purchase, then the organisers seem to be content that their costs for that trip have been covered. Perhaps that should give an indication about the price of the products, and who is actually paying for the 'free' trip for everyone else on the bus.

David :wave
What exactly are these.
We seen loads of people flogging them down by the indoor market last year offering free blanketand chocolate trips. Nothings free in my books, there's gotta be a catch, can you help.
The Blanket Trips are OK, it`s a free day out costing nothing. You have to sit through a sales pitch but there is no hard selling and then you get to go on a free trip seeing some of the countryside, and visiting other places. You go to a bodega and try free chocolate and wine but there is no pressure to buy.
Regards
Beauth
What exactly are these.
We seen loads of people flogging them down by the indoor market last year offering free blanketand chocolate trips. Nothings free in my books, there's gotta be a catch, can you help

The people you have seen around the Indoor Market are not exactley "flogging" anything. They are inviting you to take a FREE tour.....let me explain.

The Blanket Trips in Benidorm, there are two main ones that I am aware of...The NHP Blanket Trip and The Green Tour. Basically these Companies sell orthopeadic mattresses and bedding...blankets, pillows and woolen booties. They also sell things like Juicers and other such 'Health' Products. They are NOT like 'Time Share Touts'. There is NO pressure or any 'hard sell'. You are under NO obligation to purchase anything. The choice is entirely yours. I Have personally bought bedding from The Green Tour Trip and have been very pleased with my purchase, but this was after going on several such trips over a number of years. I waited until I was happy before I signed on the dotted line, but I was NOT forced into doing so.

What you get for free is a FREE coach tour that will take you to various places of interest like Guadalest (The Moorish Mountain Village), A Vintage Car Museum, The Animal Sanctuary ( A sort of Convalescent Home for sick and abused animals). The Famous Waterfalls used in a old TV Advert, A Garden devoted to Cactus Plants and Exoctic Plants....a truly marvelous place. You can buy your own little cactus here to bring home, and a Chocolate & Nuggart Factory to name just a few. You will be taken to a Bodega where you get to sample FREE wines and chocolate.....OK, they are hoping you are going to buy but again there is no pressure to do so. You can of course make you own way at your own expense to all of these places, or book an organised excursion which of course is NOT free.

At the start of each FREE trip you are taken to the Company's premises where you sit and watch a short Sales Demonstration of around 45 minutes to an hour where you can have a FREE drink. Yes the Sales talk is very intising, and naturally, they are hoping you will buy something from them, but I emphasize you do NOT have to. There is NO obligation on your part to do so. You will not be penalised or forced to pay anything for the trip if you don't make any purchase. There is NO 'catch'. If there was they would not be as popluar as they are and would probably have gone out of business a long while ago. The NHP Blanket trip has been a popular free trip in Benidorm for a long long time now. At the end of the Demonstration there is often a FREE Raffle where you can win one of the products you have just seen demonstrated.

After the Demonstration the Tour continues onto one or more of the attractions that I have mentioned above.

On board the coaches, you get an english speaking, and very friendly and cheerful Guide who will give a commentary on points of interest as you drive by them. There is a bit more selling on board....Sunglasses as worn by Calafornian Higway Patrol Cops...and other 'orthopeadic' health type products....oils, ointments, lotions, herbal potions, creams etc etc. They pass samples around the coach...but again, there is NO obligation to make ANY purchase.

On the return to your hotel you can simply sit back and relax and listen to music as your Driver returns you to the resort. Yes, they do ask that you leave a small tip for the DRiver and there is a little basket on his dashboard where you can drop your loose coins into...but again, there is NO pressure to do so. The drivers work very hard and very long hours and are not paid that much so every little helps.

There really is NO 'catch' on these FREE trips, yes I know that does not seem very likely, but trust me, there isn't. A 'Blanket Trip' is a good way to spend a morning or an afternoon.....they are mostly 'Half Day' excursions, if you are at a loss to do something. Some of the places the FREE trip takes you to will incur a small charge....entrance to the Animal Sanctuary and the Vintage Car Museum for example. But these are only a couple of Euros. And you do NOT have to go in if you don't want to. You can wait on board the coach or take a walk around.

Nothings free in my books
I would tend to agree with you and my books read the same as yours...'Buy One Get One Free'....do you really get one free? But as far as the Free 'Blanket Trips are concerned, they are indeed FREE.
Hope you don't mind BHIC, but can I just point out that the places you mentioned are all different trips, there are so many to choose from, all that you mentioned plus Denia and Alicante and others.
Some are all day trips and as you say most are to sell blankets and a few are to sell juicers.

And best of all they are really FREE with no pressure, I have been on quite a few and never purchased anything.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.